SportMAXX Questions, Please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a friend who baught a Traxxas SportMAXX back in I think 01-02 and is in need of some tlc, of course the curious friend I am I offered to help but not without the aid of my companions here at RCNT! First thing is he thinks the engine might be shot, holds compression very well but is not sure if he ran all the nitro through it and never after oiled it or WD'd it prior to storage, he now wants to put the biggest, baddest, fastest freakin engine he can in it & I need your guys help on which engines thats are bad-A will drop into the bad boy. Next question is he wants to know if he can put a 4 wheel drive conversion on it, is this possible? Third question, he wants to know if there is a 2-speed conversion that he can drop into it. Lastly he is looking into a new lid for it and does not know the specs on the stocker lid and needed to know what body size will fit this thing, I told him the TMAXX lids MIGHT fit but was not sure. Thanks for all of your guy's help on this, it is duely appreciated by me & my friend!

-Loring:D

Anyone got anything?

I've heard from alot of people that they like the Picco .26 motor. It's a direct drop in for the T-Maxx engines.

Engine? big isn't always better.... the Axial .32RR is a massive engine but not the best.... I'd recommend the LRP .28 s3 i think (i could be wrong).....

yes there are 4wd conversion kits and 2sp kits out there for the truck

and t-maxx lids will fit.

Sounds like your friend needs to join the forum!

Lol true BUT, he likes to party and get trashed almost every night and has no internet. I told him he should but would rather drink n party, hes into the hobby though thats for sure hehe

A Sport Maxx is a T Maxx without the front driveshafts and diff. Parts are no problem. But unless your bud wants to take a big dip into his brew money, throwing a big engine on it will just make it brake all the time. I'd clean it up, seal it up and fire it up. Then see if he even stays interested. If so, save some dough and pick up a newer rig.

Back