Spektrum GPS Module

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just acquired a Spektrum GPS module thinking I could put it in any of my models but I am starting to think this is not true. Any advice Spek owners. I only have one Spek tx DX8

Just acquired a Spektrum GPS module thinking I could put it in any of my models but I am starting to think this is not true. Any advice Spek owners. I only have one Spek tx DX8
I'm not one for using telemetry but I believe that telemetry models are usually brand (maybe even model) specific. I'm taking an educated guess here but Id say youd need a compatible Spektrum radio system to be compatible. I say this based off the fact that Castles telemetry system is designed to work with Futaba radios iirc.

you can run it in anything that has the ability to transmit the #s to your radio.I use a old garmin road runner and a hobbyking dps. hk is about 2 mph slower than garmin.

I'm not one for using telemetry but I believe that telemetry models are usually brand (maybe even model) specific. I'm taking an educated guess here but Id say youd need a compatible Spektrum radio system to be compatible. I say this based off the fact that Castles telemetry system is designed to work with Futaba radios iirc.
Roger that. Thanks. I have a DX8 and I will hopefully have a suitable rx.
Thanks mate.
you can run it in anything that has the ability to transmit the #s to your radio.I use a old garmin road runner and a hobbyking dps. hk is about 2 mph slower than garmin.
I hope I can marry it up without too much drama.

Back