Spektrum DSX Transmitter - Endpoint Adjustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
How do you control the servo endpoints with this Tx? The manual doesn't say anything about how to do this. A video tutorial would be very helpful. Asking for a friend 😉

I was wondering if the trim settings is what you use to dial in the servo endpoints.

In this case its like a micro adjustment for centering the servo. Kind of a fine tuning kind of thing. Wont help with the problem he's having though.

So how do you keep from the servo overtraveling the linkage? Or ripping the linkage out of the plane? The only dual stick transmitter I have used is on drones, so no servo setup to worry about. Seems to me there has to be a way to limit the servo travel in the Tx.

The servos in plane are really tiny Kev. I used 2.5KG in all of mine. I don't believe there is enough torque to destroy anything. At least I didn't.

with radio listed you dont you either get a servo with a smaller travel or buy a better radio with endpoints adjustments.

But even with servos with smaller travel, you'd still be running the servo to its mechanical limit. The servo would still be at risk of burning up right?

In all honesty, I haven't flown enough to have that much experience with them. Only a few times and never had a issue with them but I just couldn't tell you.

The only servos I've had go out on my planes were due to suddenly stopping at high speed from High altitude. 🤣

One way to help keep from over-extending your servo travel is to move the pushrods out more towards the outer end of the the servo arm.

Back