spektrum 2.0 servos good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooldude

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking to get a single servo for steering and i was looking at the 985MG HITECH one that cost like 70.00$ but i was also looking to replace my radio for a SPEKTRUM 2.0 that come with the servos..
# Z270 Standard Race Servo
# Z590 Hi-Torque Race Servo

will the spektrum HI-Torque race servo be good for using it as a single steering for my 3.3 revo?

also the standard will that be good for brake/trotlle..?

as for the spektrum standard servo is that better than the HS 645MG HITEC..whic i have.
couldnt really find specs on the servos

i would rather add the 70$ on the spektrum 2.0with the recivers/servos

this spektrum radio worth the $$$ looks nice too..
any one have this? how is it?

Last edited:
the race one is 85/oz
and .15sec not gonna do steering. you need at least 140oz. i run a jr. that i got for 64.99 at the lhs and it works good
the stock dual system runs 160 oz

the other one is only pushing about 50 oz so i wouldnt run it period stock servos are that good ur 645 is definatly better

thanks for the info..:)...

Yeah the servos that come with the radio system usually aren't very good for high power applications such as what you're wanting to do with our revo. When you're looking at servos, be sure and shop around. I think you can find some better servos in that same price range that are more powerful. I know personally I like to look around because a lot of times I might be looking at a servo that has 160 in/oz of torque for $75, and then I realize that I can spend $85 and get something that produces 290 in/oz of torque. I just made these up as examples, but I have been looking at some other servos in the $70-100 price range that were A LOT more powerful than that one.

The Z590 is probably best to be used for a Throttle/brake in a nitro car and get a better one for steering.

is the HITEC 985MG ultra torque good? its like 72$ will that hold up good?

yepp that will work great 172 oz torque is good enough and shes quick .13s that is a little bit better then the steering servo i run and mine works just peachy

thanks..off to hobby people i go:jet:

i would recomend staying away from the 590 they keep going out on me. using them for throttle/brake application..

Back