Something else to pick apart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Yeah, it's me again, don't know why I bother, but here it is.
Took the engine off today, noticed that the starter motor wire plugs were very loose. Also, every time I take off the engine that pesky yellow ground wire gives me trouble. So, me being me, I just can't resist making it a little easier and better quality.
So I soldered the starter wires straight on and installed a twist-lock plug and receptical. Now al I have to do to take off the engine is unbolt the engine mount and unplug it.

Attachments

• plug closed.jpg
    plug closed.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 144
Aonther

Attachments

• plug open.jpg
    plug open.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 103
I may be unique in this one. I still use my blue wire. Seems to work for me. So I don't really complain. Yes, I have a pair of Glow starters in a pinch. But electric start is just cool no matter what it's on. And that mod is sweet. I have a lot of troubles with the wires coming off the motor. But I didn't want to solder them because that would be a pain when I took the engine out. But that plug really is awesome. Has me thinking. So many new projects. Still gotta get some screen for my windows!!

Originally posted by Candyman
I may be unique in this one. I still use my blue wire. Seems to work for me. So I don't really complain. Yes, I have a pair of Glow starters in a pinch. But electric start is just cool no matter what it's on. And that mod is sweet. I have a lot of troubles with the wires coming off the motor. But I didn't want to solder them because that would be a pain when I took the engine out. But that plug really is awesome. Has me thinking. So many new projects. Still gotta get some screen for my windows!!

That actualy is my blue wire, it just has dual wall heatshrink with adhesive over it. Made a world of difference.

Not going to pick this one apart. It is actually a great mod. I have one thing to say though...TRAXXAS is looking for you in their engineering department. They need someone to make these electrical mods a standard feature. You might be the guy to set them straight...then people wouldn't bitch about the problems with the starter motor half of the EZ Start system. Have you posted the mods or sent copies of your work to TRAXXAS, and said what the f..., over? I would.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Not going to pick this one apart. It is actually a great mod. I have one thing to say though...TRAXXAS is looking for you in their engineering department. They need someone to make these electrical mods a standard feature. You might be the guy to set them straight...then people wouldn't bitch about the problems with the starter motor half of the EZ Start system. Have you posted the mods or sent copies of your work to TRAXXAS, and said what the f..., over? I would.

Thankyou Sky, I appreciate positive feedback.
As for Traxxas, if they spent more time reviewing thier designs instead of micro managing thier forums, they would have figured this stuff out long ago. After seeing what goes on over there, I really don't think I want to deal with them too directly. I'd rather hang out here with the exiles. Atleast here I know where I stand If they want my ideas, let them come over here and ask.:cool:
Besides, they would probably end up on a certain persons website taking all the credit.

That looks GREAT, nice job man! I think I might just have to do that myself. :D. Keep up the good work, and keep telling us about it, but we are all honest here, and your gonna hear what we think whether its what you wanted to hear or not, lol. Again NICE JOB! :D

Good Mod! Now go get that truck dirty!

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Good Mod! Now go get that truck dirty!

:thumbsup:

I'm trying! The weather isn't helping me much. So far I have only driven in the grass:( No dirt yet.

Originally posted by NCNitro
That looks GREAT, nice job man! I think I might just have to do that myself. :D. Keep up the good work, and keep telling us about it, but we are all honest here, and your gonna hear what we think whether its what you wanted to hear or not, lol. Again NICE JOB! :

Opinions are great, as long as they are thought thru
I don\'t like thoughtless comments that make no sense.

Last edited:
Back