Someone help me- rs4 driveshaft problem!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsouljaslim13

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
alright i just finished my rs4 3 18ss and when i turn more than halfway to either side the front driveshafts going to the wheels come out ( its almost like there too short but they are the right ones) and the whole thing jams up. does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it ? am i missing a part that might make it longer?? this sucks! i worked 12hrs strait to use it and now this happens WTF!!!

Attachments

• P1050282.JPG
    P1050282.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 78
Also, triple check that you have the right camber links in and that they are the right length. I can't see very well in the picture, but typically the dogbones can't come out unless something is waaaaay off in the assembly.

If your track width is set too wide, the bones or cvd of an onroad will come out. Get a measuring tape and measure out 200 mm on a piece of masking tape. Mark the begining and end of the 200 mm length. Stick the tape to the table.

Once this is done, the outter edges of the wheels should just touch the markings you made. Check both front and rear track widths. Once this is done, you will have to reset your camber using the upper link adjustment.

well the o rings fixed it but now i have a new problem- the friggen pullstarter coil its screwed it snapped now i can't even start it.......

I did the same thing when I built my SS lit. I put the little o-rings on the end by the diff and they need to go in the end at the wheels.

Pull start?!? Sorry, can't help.

Back