So, I've been thru 5 pages and...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkynutz

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can't find a temp post for the x4.6. I just got a new 2.4 savage x 4.6. Broke it in with according to the directions, (run tank empty with wheels off the ground 2x's, run tank empty at half throttle 2x's). I did this and the motor is running great. But...what is a good temp to operate the 4.6 at. The directions say that tuning should take place under 250 degrees, I've ran 2 tanks thru since break in, and was kinda taking it easy for a few more tanks, and noticed that the temp doesn't really break 200 degrees. Is that ok? My REVO 3.3 likes to run hot(almost 250-275). I'm still running it a bit rich because its still new. Will finish tuning within a tank or two.

I run mine around 260-270 on the high side.......for break-in tried to stay around 190-220

break in needs to be around 200, when you're tuned and running it depends on the engine but usually dont go higher than 250-260

Back