So, I go to the LHS, and...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Honestly, I could have gotten away with just some replacement bulkheads for my Savage. BUT...why stop there? I mean the truck is going to be apart for a bit; might as well pick up some other goodies. Besides, the wife is in a good mood, and the wallet is a little fatter than usual. Might as well thin it out a bit.

Here's what I got (instead of just some bulkheads...$12/pair):
1. Dynamite Bulkheads (2 sets front and rear) $49.99/pair
2. Spare 52T HPI Spur $4.00
3. As a trial, HPI dual disk stainless steel brake set (don't need it but figured I'd give it a review) $18.00
4. Lunsford 1/8 Scale Titanium linkage kit upgrade $63.95
5. GS bevel gear set (2 sets for the pins in order to do Spider gear mod) $6.99/set
6. HPI bevel gear set (2 sets; their gears are hardened steel vice the aluminum GS gears otherwise I'd just use the GS gears). $6.00/set
7. HPI fullt assembled diff set. (this is a spare) $35.00
8. HPI 3 shoe clutch $16.00
9. HPI diff case set (comes with 2 cups and central hub for the brakes...needed the cups) $6.00
10. Losi 1.5 mm hex wrench (snapped the end off of mine doing something stupid with it...and the LHS was out of the inserts...so I just bought another wrench) $13.99
11. HPI primerless fuel tanks (2 tanks...one to replace and one for a spare) $14.00/tank
12. Factory Team (Associated) five pack of Diff lube (10K, 30K, 60K, 100K, and 300K...figured it might come in handy) $25.95

Grand total: $336.85 + tax

Total overspent: $312.85 + tax

Isn't a LHS a good thing?

To come...a RC Solutions Roll Cage for the beast, and I think I might be done for a while.

Last edited:
hey that hpi dual disk kit is freakin awesome braking power, paired with the ofna throttle linkage mod....i have my brakes tuned out all the way and the truck still flips over if i forget and stab the trigger forward instead of feathering it. plus doesn't seem it will ever have a prob stripping out the plastic hub like the stock brakes. hey...looks like you had fun there....its been about 2 weeks since I've went and raided my lhs...

skymaxx
did you win the lotto or sumthin LOL how in the world do you just go out expecting to buy soemthing and then end up spending 312.00 more LOL i want to be just like u when i grow up by the way what do you do LOL

No, no lotto for me. Why waste my money on something I am certain to never win...when I can spend it on my toys.

As for what I do, I am in the Navy.

As for how this happens, good question. Seems to happen to me all the time. Like the time I went in for a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts and walked out with a bill just under two grand. Got a new buggy with all the fixings. That was quite the trip...still scratching my head on how it happened.
=devil

o the Navy well thats too risky for me LOL ill just stick to airbrush art and automotives LOL .sometimes i go to the hobby shop and can't stop finding stuff i want and then i get home and my mom says wheres my change then i come back to reality LOL. its like its the air in the hobby shop makes you want to spend all that you can!

sounds like you had some fun today at the lhs, the rcsolutions rollcage is nice. you will be happy with that.
savager

Yeah that always happens to me when I go to the LHS. I am pretty much done upgrading my savage. Still a couple of things I wanna get but I think I have to be done for a little while at least. Sounds like the time I set out to buy an ironing board and wound up buying a $16000 truck. LOL that was abouit the biggest mistake of my life. I am still paying for that one honestly. Later Have fun with your new parts. You should honestly enjoy the HPI dual disk conversion it works really well.

Yea been there done that...way too many times...thats why I have 5 computers, 15 guitars, 5 amps, 12 hand guns, 15 rifles LOL...the list goes on.....someone kill me before i buy again...

where's my credit card???

i can never go to my lhs with enugh money

Sh!t if I spent that much at the LHS, my wife would drop the bow on me. I am lucky to spend 30 bucks in a month. I dont know why, she calls it a budget. She wants to get those things paid off, you know bills.

Back