So how does your winter setup differ from your warm weather setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
We do not have much of a winter here in Southern California, we are in the mid to upper 70's even low 80's so my setup does not change much. As for the colder day's, we still have highs in the lower 60's. As for the rest of the country, how does your cold setup differ from the rest of the year? Are the setups that dramatic of a difference? I see a lot of posts concerning cold weather setups.

I first start with re greasing and oiling adding a little extra at certain bearings to help protect from snow, secondly and most importantly I run a different engine in winter, I cover my cooling head a bit to keep temps proper, also shock oil viscosity thickens in cold so I usually lighten that up as well

So how does your winter setup differ from your warm weather setup

I turn off the AC and turn on the heat. Certain types of cleaners and wax can not be stored in a cold area. :D

I just make sure my servo's are ballooned if there not water proof ones. I also tend to run my more wore in engines in the way colder temps. Oh yah and install my Fullforce ski kit.:D

I lower my shock oil weight from 40 to 30 and plasti dip all my electronics.. spray paint cap goes over air filter and poopy tires go on... It's a blast

All of my nitro's are cleaned and on the shelf and the only one that goes outside right now is a Kyosho Nitro Blizzard. From what everyone says, I guess it's probably not good to run it in 10F temps here in Michigan but that is why I have another engine for it right here in my bedroom hobby shop.

We do not have much of a winter here in Southern California, we are in the mid to upper 70's even low 80's so my setup does not change much. As for the colder day's, we still have highs in the lower 60's. As for the rest of the country, how does your cold setup differ from the rest of the year? Are the setups that dramatic of a difference? I see a lot of posts concerning cold weather setups.

The only change I make for winter racing is to go to a thinner shock fluid. If I am running 500 weight shock oil in the summer I will go to 400 in the winter.

Lee