So here is a question for music players

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
How many of you have to record yourself then go back and watch it see for flaws or even you might thrown down a riff or beat you didn’t know. Me I always do and pick up on stuff when I’m just messing around.

How many of you have to record yourself then go back and watch it see for flaws or even you might thrown down a riff or beat you didn’t know. Me I always do and pick up on stuff when I’m just messing around.
I have never seriously recorded myself but I have done it a few times when learning a new song. Playing it back showed me where I was messing up.

The Seek and Destroy guitar in this is one of those crappy recordings.

Violin 6th position is hard; you have to stretch your hand around so that your thumb is basically underneath. Then intonation. And rhythm. And tempo. My recordings are horrible 3 weeks from the concert.

I always love the Violin 🎻 never played but you can do some crazy stuff I have seen with them. Notes alone are crazy

I've laid down a lot of tracks I thought were hot and then cringed the whole time they were being played back. You got to hear yourself play if you want to be good, or to put it a different way, you have to hear what your audience is hearing. And after you're done listening you need to edit your playing and try it again. I don't know of any other way of getting good at it.

I want to get into recording, so I can play along as a lead, and then play drums along with that! Also, sometimes I come up with stuff and then forget it.

You can go in deep with recording equipment, I would recommend a simple 4-8 track recorder. You should check out Sweetwater or Guitar Center for a recorder and get started.

You can go in deep with recording equipment, I would recommend a simple 4-8 track recorder. You should check out Sweetwater or Guitar Center for a recorder and get started.
I was looking at those computer interfaces, they have a name……
Really though I need to rebuild the Floyd rose on my Jackson

A sheader's dream come true. An American custom shop Soloist.

20230923_185556.jpg

That’s nice! And those are lite as a feather too, compared to my ol Kelly/performer. My first guitar was the Jackson, I’ve never had quite the fascination with any other brand.

For me it was the mid 80s and all my favorite guitarists were sporting Jacksons on Mtv. The fact that Jeff Beck was sporting one too didn't hurt either. I think it was the cover of the Wired album from Beck that put the idea in my mind that I had to have one. $2000.00 is a lot of money save up when you're only making $10.00 an hour.

Back