SNG's Leopard review....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well I new they had to be good tires right when I opened the box. They are obviously panthers, that rubber compound is just so nice and I can't get enough of it. Cougars are such a good tire but just lack the height that I personally prefer.

These Leopards have a very noticeably more stable side wall and are alot taller than the cougars, two A+++ right there!

The tread pattern isnt any thing like the cougars and I was worried that they might actually need some more lugs, theres alot of open space on these tires. But the lugs are very tall.

So I decided I was gonna run f400's in these since I havent found a better foam setup for any tire, not even close. Thought Id try em untouched first.

Here they are on the same rims with the same foams and wieght compared to white rovers.

007-31.jpg

Another shot.

008-39.jpg

013-19.jpg

Heres two vids of two different surfaces. I ran 3 packs through these tires (didnt have to work tonight).
Sorry I didnt take time to edit them and yes I notice that I kinda mutter to myself now and then.
Their not too long so try to make it through till the end. I wish someone had been with me to video so I could have done something gnarly but these will do for now.
This stuff is slick cuz of all the dirt pockets on it.

[ame]http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x193/slowngreen/?action=view&current=015-13.flv[/ame]
and now on pretty slick but clean stuff.

[ame]http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x193/slowngreen/?action=view&current=019-7.flv[/ame]

I'm not gonna say what I did or didnt do to my foams, you will have to try your own foam setup but I definatly think that I am more impressed with these than white rovers. The forward bite is very good and with the right foam setup they have basically no fold over, at all. I'm running each front at 17.5 oz and each rear at 13 oz. The foam setup, leopards and EEM chassis make this the best setup I've ever ran easily and I've ran several.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Thanks for sharing the vids. I like crawling vids that are raw with no music to spoil the experience.

Looks like we got another good tire to work with, I might have to pick up a set of these.
Way to do Work Driver, LOL!!! nice vids Lloyd.

lol thanks. Yeah for those who have run coagars alot and love them then these will not be a disappointment.

Their not too long so try to make it through till the end. I wish someone had been with me to video so I could have done something gnarly but these will do for now.
i could have been there with you!!!! great vids and review man, ima have to try a set when my grabbers' wear out. .. . maybe sooner. youll never guess wat i did!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i could have been there with you!!!! great vids and review man, ima have to try a set when my grabbers' wear out. .. . maybe sooner. youll never guess wat i did!!! :D

Messed up a quote so I had to fix it? lol...What did you do? Hopefully bought a scx10 so we can have another scaler build on here.

lol thanks. Yeah for those who have run coagars alot and love them then these will not be a disappointment.

That's good to hear. There was 2 guys today at our comp running them one on a losi and one on a axial and they both did very well. They do wear fast though. The guy had chunks off his rear tires from only like 4 runs he said.

I havent found them to wear too fast, they seem better lasting than cougars imo, I've got 6 packs through them and they are barely showing a directional wear. Just have to wait for the Sedona's to come out now to find out wich tire is the new winner for me...

What the Sedona's? Yeah, they were at Worlds, but that was a while back, I wish they would hurry and release them already.

Ya i just saw them they look pretty close to the rovers but wider.

I'm running each front at 17.5 oz and each rear at 13 oz. The foam setup, leopards and EEM chassis make this the best setup I've ever ran easily and I've ran several.

Jeeeeeezus, that is a lot of weight in the rear.

I've ran less all around and less just in the back but this is where I love it, this is the sweet spot for me Chip....

I've ran less all around and less just in the back but this is where I love it, this is the sweet spot for me Chip....
I hear you when you say your sweet spot. I am going trying a super light set up in the rear of my truck the total weight will be less then 4oz. or right around 4 oz. I hope the truck will do a lot better on steep verticals and tall ledges.

Yeah, Id like to drive one of these guys bergs that they say are like 5 lbs or even less! would be completly different.

The guy that won WCC novice drives a 5 pound losi lol when mine was 5 pounds it crawled like crap compared to now.

Yeah, its all driving style. My first berg setup started out pretty light, just like right around 6 lbs when I had the ckrc rockstart chassis but I just kept having to add weight to get it to my liking.

I like it, Lloyd!!! One of these days work is going to pick up and I am gonna finally get me one of them! No, really!

I like it, Lloyd!!! One of these days work is going to pick up and I am gonna finally get me one of them! No, really!

Sure you are Cody sure you are, LOL!!!! :hehe: I won't beleive it till see it with my own two eyes:whhooo:, LOL!!!! JK!! we all know one day you will finally join the crawler world.:D