sng rubicon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
truth hurst sometimes curtis lol.

Sorry buddy! LOL!!!! I wish I could say I feel your pain, but all we get is rain here and it doesn't cover the rocks, LOL!!!!!:D just messing with ya buddy, but you do come up with some sweet a$$ rides in your down time.:D

lol, yeah well i hope california get a foot of snow over night now!!!! lol jk....and yes Rolex it is....

I jumped on the $20 WalMart 4 door just before the holidays, but I never saw this one. What a perfect ride for an off road scaler.
Great job on it.

well since i dont have my tires yet I'm not sure how much clearance I'm going to have between them and my fenders using axial shocks, but I'm thinking that i'll have to run axials on full droop to be the right size, wich i will get good travel from but no skwoosh at all....so i made some spring cups that i might end up using instead...

004-27.jpg

003-37.jpg

heres a shot of the chassis, had to bob about an inch and a half of the rear as well as about a half inch off the rear shock mounts and move the tranny forward about an inch and a half as well....

001-60.jpg

thanks...need to get my tires so i can move forward!!

Thanks Joe!

verbal update, still working on suspension, ended up making shock mount extensions so i can run semi droop from and back on with axial shocks. trimmed my drivelines too and mounted up my wheels and tires BUT I'm NOT digging the tires at all, i want alittle bit taller of a 1.9, i'll prolly update with pics tomorrow with the body on but keep in mind I'm planning on about 1/2" over all taller 1.9, prolly a crusher wich will fill it out alittle better...

Oh come on Lloyd , what did you do leave the camera over at your buddy's house again? LOL!!!! can't wait to see how it looks, knowing you it will be sweet..

ok, sorry for the bad pictures but heres a pic of the chassis done. running on semi droop.

waiting on new tires, should be here saterday or monday...

001-61.jpg

and got my spare on...

009-9.jpg

yes sir...i had to cut the rear shock mounts off the chassis for it to fit close enuff to the lid then i made those little shock mount plates the cleared in the front just perfect, sits about an 1/4" from the hood and the back i lucked out and was able to cut a hole for them to go up inside the tool box...

yeah Joe, if i wasn't broke i would have just bought different shocks like 80 mil or something but i think this will work good. since I'm on semi it still has pretty good up and down travel.