SMT10 Won’t steer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matturnerr

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just got this smt10 today and was driving it around the yard then I lost steering completely took it inside to check it out and the gear and part of the horn was still moving as should when you turned the wheel so it responded fine and I knew the servo itself is working so I figured the horn was stripped but when I took it off it seemed fine to me on both end and even went back on like a charm it just makes no sense to me I’ve checked all my links to see if anything is lose or what not when I inspected the horn it looked as if something hit it you could tell a tiny piece of plastic came off on the edge so then I figured okay let’s try this other one that came with at as a replacement I put it on and no luck any help appreciated thanks

I don't understand what you mean by the "gear and part of the horn was still moving". Is the servo saver slipping? Most RTR cars come with a slip joint on the servo horn. It is meant to slip during collisions and prevent the servo from stripping. The spring inside the servo saver can sometimes break.

If that is not it, pics help a LOT when asking for help. There are a gazillion different servo savers and servo horns out there. Videos will get your problem resolved the fastest. Upload a vid to YT and share the link here. Make sure we can see it clearly.

if servo is moving is horn ( servo saver) moving? as said above I'm also thinking its the servo saver u say horn..as said also there are many servo savers some have a universal kit with different adapters to work on just about any servo ..id look 4 one that can handle your trucks weight id say a heavy duty 1

I don't understand what you mean by the "gear and part of the horn was still moving". Is the servo saver slipping? Most RTR cars come with a slip joint on the servo horn. It is meant to slip during collisions and prevent the servo from stripping. The spring inside the servo saver can sometimes break.

If that is not it, pics help a LOT when asking for help. There are a gazillion different servo savers and servo horns out there. Videos will get your problem resolved the fastest. Upload a vid to YT and share the link here. Make sure we can see it clearly.
I’ll get a pic i honestly don’t know if there’s a servo saver but when
I’ll get a pic i honestly don’t know if there’s a servo saver but when
Okay so the shaft coming out of the servo is spinning when I turn wheel and so is the the part of the horn that is closest to the shaft but the whole arm isn’t

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 43