small revo problem bogging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so i took out the revo yesterday and noticed again that it would bogg out abit when i pull on tht throttle all the way , so what is too rich or lean ??
i got my idle down ok , but sometimes it wouldn'T shift i keep leaning but nothing
it would shift but then stall out right away or bogg down like it was gasping for air . sp what changes have to be made , ??

any info please .tia

Did you try to clean it out? I mean that try to give it quick bursts of throttle to clear out any fuel left in the crankcase. Then let it idle. If you let it idle too long it tends to load up and then you get that bogging feel.

Let us know

no it happens even when I've been running at normal speeds , i would floor it then it would bogg out , weird eh
i think it has to do with the needles but not too sure which one

Ok so the lets do a pinch test. On the LSN needle pinch the fuel line as close as you can to it. If it dies beofre 3 seconds then the LSN is too lean. If it dies between 3-5 seconds you are pretty close to where you want to be. BUT if it sputters and dies 5-7 seconds after you pinch it the LSN is too rich.

If you gun it and it bogs I am pretty sure your lsn is set to rich.
Same thing was happening to my rustler.

my lsn needle would stop after 3 secs , should i make last abit longer
i usually pinch it half way into the line where my clampis , thats ok right

Last edited:
You should be fine... How is your temp?when it dies under load, is it too hot?

Sounds to me like it may be lean bogging. Try fattening the bottom and lean the top a bit.

cool thanks I'm going out tomorrow and try it again , i'll keep updates ,

thanks

You should be fine... How is your temp?when it dies under load, is it too hot?

the temps are alright not too hot , 240 260

If you are running the stock traxxas engine, then you are in the ball park for running at optimum. For some reason Traxxas mills like to run hotter than that average mill.

i guess worse comes to worse i will bring in to the lhs and get them to tune it up and see if there is anyting wrong at the same time and go from there,

Is your slipper set right? I noticed this weekend that when I transitioned from the dirt to snow I was getting too much bite and the slipper would let go causing the Revo to seem like it was bogging.

i tightened up the slipper and it seemend to help abit , maybe i should turn it abit more and see what happens

You do not want to tighten it too much or you will start to damage your tranny if you like to jump a lot. The slipper helps to take some of the force of a landing.

alright good to know

I agree that you don't want to tighten the slipper too much however, you do want it to stay engaged when you are under power on a surface with a lot of bite.

Back