Slow performance

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnbcook

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I tried looking through the threads but there is so much and I am new to this. I bought an RC to mess around with my kid and hopefully get him involved but after a couple times in the backyard we took it to the park and it is sloooooow now. It's a 7.4v and I get that to the motor when the motor is unplugged but at the leads on the motor I get 1.5v. Is that normal? I literally used this for 5 minutes and it worked awesome but it sat for months over the winter and the first time this season it is beyond useless. The battery tests at 8.3v so I assume that is not the issue. What else can I check? Again, battery at 8.3v, out of the control at full throttle I'm around 7.5v but the motor is 1.5v at full throttle, makes no sense but I'm just learning. Thanks in advance.

What car is it?

Is the 8.4v battery a 2s lipo or a 7 cell nimh?

What ESC/Motor?

I have no idea what kind of voltage goes to the motor constantly.

Welcome to the forum.

What car is it?

Is the 8.4v battery a 2s lipo or a 7 cell nimh?

What ESC/Motor?

I have no idea what kind of voltage goes to the motor constantly.
It's a WLToys 124019, the battery is 7.4v but tests at 8.4 and is a 2s lipo. It's just a stock motor and I don't see any info printed on it and so is the ESC. I know this isn't anything special, I'm just trying to get it to perform as stock for now to see if the kiddo get's into it. I should mention it goes in reverse extremely slow and sometimes does not go forward at all. I did order a new battery since an extra is needed anyway but I am wondering what the heck it could be.

Voltage reading from a brushed motor should deliver close to same voltage, but not sure if that works with brushless.

Assuming you have a brushed system, it sounds like an issue with the ESC or perhaps radio trim settings.

Check to see if there is a D/R (Dual Rate) setting that may have a dial that was reduced for the throttle, sometimes called TR/DR, twist it clockwise to see if it increases the output for the throttle.

Another thing to check is the TRIM, if it's not centered or set to zero, then the calibration may be out of range. Try centering the trim for the throttle and reset both the radio and ESC, you should hear the ESC make a series of beeps indicating that it's calibrated.

OMG! I'm an idiot!!! Thank you so much for the help, the TH D/R must have gotten bumped and I forgot all about it. Now that I think about it I may have turned it down so the little one could give it try. Ugh, I won't make that mistake again. Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Back