Size Matters??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I’m bewildered here. This needs a little explaining before I get to the punchline. I live in bureaucratic Japan.
My first car that I purchased was an Arrma Typhon 6S BLX 1/8. It is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t wait to go play with the other boys in the dirt box. I was ready to get my Eric Cartman on and run past the hippees on the dirt track. I bring my car, they look at it, the staff said “SORRY”! This track is 1/10 max size. I was gutted. I found an empty field and bashed alone.
*Pictured below in the center.

BACAFE88-A9A0-4867-AAFF-7C353A42BED4.jpeg

Determined not to be shut out, I searched for my dream 1/10. I finally found what I wanted and ordered it, the LOSI Tenacity DB PRO 1/10. I waited a month due to backorder. In the meantime, I bought some 1/14s and went out and had a good time.

My 1/10 arrived today. It’s beautiful. Here it is pictured below

8AF3738F-FB93-4322-AD24-E0381669BDF2.jpeg

4B658BCF-2A3C-465B-A4A0-706477AC3BD8.jpeg

1/10! I’m ready to go back! This is the magic number they told me. Then I wanted to see what all 3 sizes look like side by side 1/8, 1/10, and 1/14. My 1/10 is bigger, longer and just as wide as 1/8. That hobby shop is going to freak. What will happen now? The box, the manual, and the website list the car as 1/10 scale. Am I not going to be able to drive my LOSI now? If they say, it’s too big, then can I drive my 1/8? It’s obviously smaller. Look at this!

92F673CA-1E30-4A3E-93A3-4BC9F8A98046.png
8ABDEA5D-0241-4A0E-AB0A-1AB0594E0F60.png

What is it that I’m not understanding about Size and Scale? Why would a 1/10 be physically bigger than a 1/8? If I can drive my 1/10, just because the box says 1/10 then I should be able to drive my 1/8 on their track. It’s smaller.

How does one explain this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m bewildered here. This needs a little explaining before I get to the punchline. I live in bureaucratic Japan.
My first car that I purchased was an Arrma Typhon 6S BLX 1/8. It is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t wait to go play with the other boys in the dirt box. I was ready to get my Eric Cartman on and run past the hippees on the dirt track. I bring my car, they look at it, the staff said “SORRY”! This track is 1/10 max size. I was gutted. I found an empty field and bashed alone.
*Pictured below in the center.

View attachment 121304

Determined not to be shut out, I searched for my dream 1/10. I finally found what I wanted and ordered it, the LOSI Tenacity DB PRO 1/10. I waited a month due to backorder. In the meantime, I bought some 1/14s and went out and had a good time.

My 1/10 arrived today. It’s beautiful. Here it is pictured below

View attachment 121305
View attachment 121306

1/10! I’m ready to go back! This is the magic number they told me. Then I wanted to see what all 3 sizes look like side by side 1/8, 1/10, and 1/14. HOLY poop! My 1/10 is bigger, longer and just as wide as 1/8. That hobby shop is going to freak. What will happen now? The box, the manual, and the website list the car as 1/10 scale. Am I not going to be able to drive my LOSI now? If they say, it’s too big, then can I drive my 1/8? It’s obviously smaller. Look at this!

View attachment 121307View attachment 121308

What is it that I’m not understanding about Size and Scale? Why would a 1/10 be physically bigger than a 1/8? If I can drive my 1/10, just because the box says 1/10 then I should be able to drive my 1/8 on their track. It’s smaller.

How does one explain this?

I guess that you could have disguised it with a new body ,tires & wheels!......LOL

But ,nice ride!....:thumbs-up:

darn, those some nice rides!

I know exactly what you're talkin about because here is the difference between my 10th scale Traxxas 4 Tech compared to my 10th scale Traxxas Summit. In my rock crawling competitions they won't allow me to run the 10th scale Summit because they say it's too big. I guess we just all have to follow the rules of the track that we are on
20200228_135102.jpg

most of US that run RC understand this policy the thing is yes a 1/10 scale rc are bigger in dimensions but in actual weight the 1/8 scale wins by 2x the weight of a 1/10 scale as in summit being larger we know that the summit ,revo is a larger scale rc the brand said it was a 1/10 scale..(thinking they might make a larger version)

There seem to be a lot of inconsistencies across brands and models. I think they sometimes refer to the sizes of major components for compatibility of parts rather than the entire vehicle. Like the size of the hubs and what wheels can go with it. But also remember that that scale is technically supposed to be for that particular vehicle compared to a full size version of it, and full size vehicles vary compared to each other. A 1/10 VW beetle would understandably be smaller than a 1/10 monster truck. There is also whether they rounded down or up if between sizes.

Back