site suggestion.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj200415

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have no idea how this could be done, but i have an idea. We should have a little chatroom like section, open to members only, so that you can get quick 1 on 1 (or more) responses instantly.

Just a thought. try not and shut me down to bad!

It has been asked numerous times in the past.

Here is the official response from the Chief.

There are a few problems with chat rooms:

1. Very hard to censor - granted the site itself runs on a PG-13 to a R rating. Anything thats affiliated with RCNT needs to have some kind of censorship.

2. Unless its intergrated into the site, it now becomes an issue of who uses that software? who knows how to use it? and will it even run on their system?

3. Chat rooms can also steal from the forum. Being the chat room is real time what is said is only shown to those that is currently in the chatroom, and even then only for a short time. So any good info will be missed by a great deal of members, along with that there is no way to go back and do a search for the info. When its gone, its gone for good. With a forum its there until the database kills over.

While I do enjoy the chats with members, either one on one or in a chat room. I dont see this feature being added to RCNT anytime soon.

However there was a RCNT chat room via AIM, this is started by someone else. It was called RCNitroTalk - However I don't think anyone uses it anymore.

-WoodiE

yea, I'm sorry guys, iv been here long enough to no the search function..lol

doh!

It has been asked numerous times in the past.

Here is the official response from the Chief.

I have long experiences with chatrooms & voicechats in the Flight Simulation community. I believe that unless it becomes very personal, the forum is the best place for people, everyone should have access to the info's not just the one asking. PM works wonder, too!
I have read so much in here, that is years old, and still is a great resource, I'd not want to loose any of that just to have quicker responses.

Just my :2cents:

I see it as a medium to light someone up if someone gets pushed the wrong way. That alone would require a staff member to police JUST THAT PORTION. Seems to be too risky.

Back