Sirio 3.0 "Direct Replacement"!?!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bforum3

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a T-maxx and i want to upgrade to the Sirio 3.0 T-maxx direct replacement, but i have put like 120 bucks into parts for my other engine that i would like to fit on the Sirio and i would like to know if the Tmaxx cooling head will fit on the Sirio 3.0 Cause i bought a hardcore racing head for my stock engine, and will an aftermarket pipe from RDlogics for the maxx fit on the Sirio.

I am asking these questions because i dont want to have to just waste that money by not using it and end up spending more money on other performance parts just because i switched engines which is supposed to be a "direct replacement", and if it was a diret replacement it should accept the aftermarket parts for the tmaxx engine.

Here are the parts i would like to fit on the sirio here...
Hardcore Racing Head

RdLogics Dual Chamber Pipe

P.S. the Motor Saver air filter will fit on the Sirios carb right?

Last edited:
Sup dude,

First of all...I mean no disrespect whatsover, sorry to break it to ya but "direct replacement" is just that....it's a direct replacment for your stock parts and their designs. "Direct replacement" doesn't mean that it supports every after market companies and their desings. Sorry if I sound harsh but I find it hard to believe that your older then 16. NO dis again but you sound a little whinney here like a little kid that wants to have his cake and eat it to bro...that's what we all want in life but it's not reality.

Why did you buy all this chit for your Trx 2.5......it's a rhetorical question bro. You bought it cause like me any many people you changed your mind right after you bout it and agian ...you wanna have your cake and eat it to.

Sorry again if I sound harsh but I find it hard to believe that somone would think this way and especially with the RC aftermarket...lol.

To answer your questions dude, Look at the bolt partern from a picture of a Sirio .18 (3-0) if it;s the same it SHOULD FIT. As for the pipe, I'd imagine that you'd have to have a different head and even if it works it wasn't designed for the 2.5 and might decrease or increase performance on top/bottom whatever.

BTW...DOn't feel bad bout spending money on chit for you 2.5 bro. Many of my friends have and like me realized that hte 2.5 is a good motor when running properly but the stock colling head is a POS and the motor is somewhat of a tunning nightmare.

Peace

the displacement of the t maxx and the sirio 3.0 are obviously different. the sirio will bolt right into place. you'll have to buy the big bore pipe to match or drill your existing 2.5 per the instructions. or you can save some $$ and buy the sirio piston and sleeve that trinity distibutes and rebuild your 2.5 and have just about as much performance for only a fraction of the cost. you could then use the hcr head and try out one of the pipes. either way you should get increased performance.

http://www.teamtrinity.com/nitro/engines/sirio/sirio.asp

Hey dude,

SOrry, IN hindsight I sound like an ass and really harsh..lol. No dis attneded again, it's just my LHS buddy tells me stories like this all the time.....guys that buy chit and change their miind two months l8tr and are pissed that it wont work with the new motor and want their money back etc.

Peace and good luck

I'm not pissed i just was wondering if it would cause then i would save some money but no big deal, i was just curious, not trying to get my money back for anything, but again like i said hoping it would but it doesn't matter to me that much that you needed to go off on a rant.

Hey dude,

I'f the bolt pattern works then it will work(((<---good chance))) .As for the pipe, I'm pretty sure it's not going to bring out the best in that motor as it was designed for a .15 and the Sirio is of course a .18.

You can always sell them on E-bay....as for the Mutant Cooling head, my buddy ran one and it worked good but not as good as allot of the other heads on the market like the Nova. THe mutant isn't large enough IMHO and to close to the similar design of the stock Traxxas head.

peace

Back