sirio .27 /w cold air intake

• Thread starter junglboy_152000
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junglboy_152000

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
man i gotta get pics on here. recently threw a sirio .27 on my savage. kicked ass. but after that i went on ebay and ordered a cold air intake for my savage with a K&N air-filter. Not only does it sound nice but it increases the performance of the motor. ANd i thought i had the problem with nose of the truck stayin down by puting on some 40series masher tires with velocity rims and puttin on a larger clutch bell. I put on the intake and i am back to the same problem. My lhs doesn't carry a wheelie bar and i am afraid to run the truck because i dont wanna flip it any more, due to wheelies at least. The cold air intakes rocks though, gotta get some picks of it on here.

That sounds cool man can't wait to see it. Bring on the pics. Late

Sup dude,

That;s SUH-WEET man. I think Sirio is gonna get a huge chunk of the BIre bore market with this new engine. Their smart mofo's IMHO....look @ the SIrio .18 drop in maxx engine. I'm suprsied with your results form the AIr INtake.

HOw much was that beast of an engine?? I've heard rediulous prices?

EDIT - If you can keep all that power on the ground with low gearing that doesn't flip the car, that Savage should kick ass @ rockcrawlin.

Peace

i paid $240 for the sirio .27 w/o tax cause i know the guy at my lhs so well. or its because i dump so much money into my r/c trucks he just cuts me breaks all the time.

Originally posted by junglboy_152000
i paid $240 for the sirio .27 w/o tax cause i know the guy at my lhs so well. or its because i dump so much money into my r/c trucks he just cuts me breaks all the time.

Sweet dude....My lhs's tend to take care of me. They'll always match or beat any net price and they often discount on top of that and throw in free chit. My main lhs gave me a painted and trimmed Maxx body for X-mas and the other one gave me 4 bottle of after run oil...lol.

So which version did ya get? I want the Pro version so bad I can almost taste it but now for $400. Then I'll take that Engine and have it mod'd. Damn that would freak people out @ the dirt track. SOunds like you got a good deal. Can't wait to c pics.

Peace

I'm thinking about getting that engine. What do you have to do to make it fit, or is it a drop into a Savage??

Go to neweramodels.com and check out the wheelie bars

Did a trade on the SIrio .27XL Pro plus cash for a new Picco .26. I can't wait to c how this freaking beast performs when I get her in the mail.

Peace

So you traded a .27 with 2.9 horses for a .26? was it the one without the pull start? I love my .26 but if I had the $$$, I'd buy the 11 port .27 and see what she could do.

Originally posted by Markanthony
So you traded a .27 with 2.9 horses for a .26? was it the one without the pull start? I love my .26 but if I had the $$$, I'd buy the 11 port .27 and see what she could do.

I apologize for my backward grammar...lol. I traded a new Picco .26+ some cash on my end for the SIrio .27XL Pro......I'm almost drooling thinking about the power potential of this engine in a properly mod'd form. I'll be sure to post pics when I get my phucking $1000 digi cam back from the shop.

FYI....Never let your wifes friend take your new camera to the beach, regardless of how nice her tits and personality are..lol. It's the 11 port version without pullstart. My LHS quoted me $400+ for this engine.

Peace

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy

I'll be sure to post pics when I get my phucking $1000 digi cam back from the shop.
FYI....Never let your wifes friend take your new camera to the beach, regardless of how nice her tits and personality are..lol. It's the 11 port version without pullstart. My LHS quoted me $400+ for this engine.

Peace

The hell with the pics of the engine!! I want to see pics of the set that made you gahgah enough to loan her your camera!

Originally posted by kzoosteve

The hell with the pics of the engine!! I want to see pics of the set that made you gahgah enough to loan her your camera!

HAH HA...lol dude. Actually her tits aren't that great. SHe's just a really cool chick. APparently she doesn't understand that digital cameras and sand don't play nice together. I'd love to c some dyno charts for this 11 port Sirio .27. I've heard the bottom end isn't that imrpessive but I find that heard to believe.

Peace

Don't be surprised by the bottom end issue. A lot of these high end engines are built to crank out the rpms and give the best top speed performance. That is afterall what racers want, speed. So they sacrifice some of the grunt on the bottom. That can be compensated for by gearing a little toward the bottom side of things. Yes, you will lose a few mph on the top speed, but if the engine gives you a top speed over 40mph on a MT, then you can afford to lose a mph or two to get the low end grunt you want.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Don't be surprised by the bottom end issue. A lot of these high end engines are built to crank out the rpms and give the best top speed performance. That is afterall what racers want, speed. So they sacrifice some of the grunt on the bottom. That can be compensated for by gearing a little toward the bottom side of things. Yes, you will lose a few mph on the top speed, but if the engine gives you a top speed over 40mph on a MT, then you can afford to lose a mph or two to get the low end grunt you want.

Welll Said Sky as usual bro.....this is basically my thougts on the manner. SIrio is knows for cranking out top end bad boys. I don't have to be a Nitro pro to know that like standard combustion engines it's all a trade off. WHen you add to the top you take away from the bottom and vice versa. We'll c what this beast can do. Maybe I'll have a 58mph Maxx....lol.

Peace

You may not need to be a nitro pro, but there are those out there that read this and appreciate the explanation.

If you manage to get a 58mph Maxx, I want photographic as well as video proof. I want to see the gun and its calibration records, too. =devil

man i wish i never sold my savage ... what kind of drive train mods have you made to handle the bonesnapping power of that 27 ? maybe you could try the extended chassis braces to lengthen your rig an inch and see if it handles after that ... its like 60 bones for the kit

LOL...I know. I was returning the sarcasm. Sorry, if you took it as anything more.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
LOL...I know. I was returning the sarcasm. Sorry, if you took it as anything more.

LOL back @ ya bro. I figured you where being sarcastic when I got to the remark about proper calibration..ha.

Peace