shut down when brake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chowmanstoys

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
shuts off when i brake
wont stay running unless gas on a bit??
what do i have to do

all day sat trying to get to run......

Make sure your idle gap is 1mm and tune your LSN. I believe you need to lean the lsn a tad to increase the idle.

Make sure your idle gap is 1mm and tune your LSN. I believe you need to lean the lsn a tad to increase the idle.

once your gap is set at 1mm, you dont really need to adjust it, as Zdragon said use the LSN to adjust your idle, but do it in very small increments !

thanks for the help guys.
i will try to get it running later.

Anybody wanna buy a tmaxx............................
F#$@^&%%$ thing wont stay running you hit the brake she dies.wont idle unless you give it gas?
Pissed offfffffffffffffffffff.

Anybody wanna buy a tmaxx............................
F#$@^&%%$ thing wont stay running you hit the brake she dies.wont idle unless you give it gas?
Pissed offfffffffffffffffffff.

Easy fix man....all you have to do is turn in your idle screw at least 1/4 of a turn and it will stop the carb from closing all the way when you brake

Have fun

its guaranteed to work

the reason your engine dies when you brake is beacuse the crab closes too far to keep it running,the idle screw is made to hold the carb open,the further you turn the screw in (clockwise) the higher it will idle
Just for experimental purpose turn your idle screw in 1 hole turn and watch how high your engine will idle,from there dial it down to were it will run with brake a full and the clutch wont engage at idle

Be sure to turn the IDLE screw and not your LSN,if you need help identifying the difference just ask

did the 1/4 turn
hit the brake she dies.....
turned all the in ,she dies,all the way out she dies

I'm ready to throw the f-ing thing in the dumpster.

---------- Post added at 7:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:21 PM ----------

do you have to tune if you change any size bell??

did the 1/4 turn
hit the brake she dies.....
turned all the in ,she dies,all the way out she dies

I'm ready to throw the f-ing thing in the dumpster.

---------- Post added at 7:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:21 PM ----------

do you have to tune if you change any size bell??

LOL...dont throw it away il give ya atleast 50 bucks for it lol:hehe:

On a serious note,which needle are you turning? the idle screw has to be out far enough so it stops the carb from fully closing

Read closely and pay attention. Set your idle gap to 1mm or the thickness of a paper clip and dont touch the idle screw again. Use the LSN ( low speed needle ) to adjust the idle from there. If its not idling at all turn the lsn clockwise in small increments until it starts and idles. Then adjust accordingly from there. Take a break from it now that your already pissed and try these steps after you calm down. Its only as complicated as you make it.

usa a paper clip to set the idle gap. put in in your carb and turn it till it's tight so you can pull it out with a little bit of resistance . once you get it started use the LSN to make small adjustments to your idle...and i mean small increments. as you turn the LSN you will hear you motor idle change. key here is making very tiny adjustments, it's not like your HSN where your give it a quarter turn while tuning. turn it very small amounts and listen to how your motor sounds ! don't give up !!! we have all been there and sooner or later you will get it running right !

---------- Post added at 7:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:36 PM ----------

Zdragon71, we must have posted at about the same time !!!LOL!

Yeah looks like we did. Oh well at least we agree! Lol

Is the spring in your clutch broke? Are you starting it on a stand and the wheels are turning and when you put on the brake, it stops the motor? If you are it might be a broken clutch spring. Or are you running it with the wheels on the ground (or bench) and it's sitting there running and you have to give it some throttle to keep it going? If it running on the bench then these guys are telling you what you need to do. And don't be cussin' or using abbreviations for it cause they will kick you off of here. We have a bunch of young ones who read everything we write and their parents don't like nasty talk.

do what they say about the idle but, first make sure that the trim is set in the center .with the controller on and the truck switched on not running ,take off the air filter what does the gap look like ? If it is at the paper clipe setting you are good .hit the break and see if it stays open the size of the paperclipe if yes you are good,if not adjust the idle setting to where it should be.try it if it does not stay running adjust the high speed needle setting and low speed to factory.also helps to know what motor you have .15 2.5 3.3 or other brand. And how old is it ?

Hope this helps . the best way to tune is from factory settings .

THAT LINK IS GOSPEL DO IT AND DO IT RIGHT YOU WILL SUCCEED

Last edited:
If you don't get it going take to a hobby shop, they charge about 20 bucks to set it up for you. I know I had a hard time setting and tunning, now I can tune like its second nature, its frustrating but fun when you get the hang of it. If all fails sell it and get one of the quiet rc's, all they need is a outlet.;)

I'm soo sorry for the tmaxx trash talk
it will never happen again....

---------- Post added at 8:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:22 PM ----------

i run it with wheel off the ground
its a 2.5 4-5 yrs old