Show us your soldering station

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I know this is kinda weird... but lets see those soldering stations! I was making up some charge leads and soldering some deans on a couple of new packs and I got to thinking how important a soldering station really is.

Hakko 936

100_3856.jpg

I keep my 936 setup in an aluminum case until I need to use it since I don't use it enough to justify the workbench space.

I need to do some soldering soon and will post up a pic then.

I'd post a pic but I just packed up everything last week, getting ready to move. I have the same soldering station - well a Team Checkpoint 950 and love it. Had no idea what I was doing until I read the How to solder correctly thread - that helped out a ton.

I got so frustrated doing some LiPo packs I went and bough the Radio Shack digital unit, which is just a re-branded Madell. Along with the new setup, and as Woodie mentioned reading the how to solder thread, I no longer dread the job, I actually kinda look forward to it.

brpyA.jpg

I have the 936 like you tom with the same decals but mine are red
i have been having problems soldering lately well ok i am not very good at at
i just bought some new lipos 4 7.4 volt 8000 mah for the summit and one 14.8v for my xtm rail and want to put the traxxas plugs on them so i was practicing so i do not screw them up and i am having no luck i can not get the solder to suck into the wire to tin it.
i tried tinning the connector and it will not stick

my temp is at 650 and i only have the tip that came with it the pointy one
i am use 60 40 solder
should my temp be different and what tip do you guys use
let me know thanks!

I finally purchased a good soldering station a couple weeks ago. Have not used it yet, however I do need to re-solder a connector that I quick fixed at the track last time out. I better do that before Sunday so I don't DNF again.

*edit* Just did a quick fix on that battery connector. This thing is SWEET!

photobucket-4181-1316570263192.gif

Last edited:
ok ok guys its not fair to have clean table.

Yeah its not fair to have a table. Mine was stolen by my wife and she turned it into her craft station.

I finally purchased a good soldering station a couple weeks ago. Have not used it yet, however I do need to re-solder a connector that I quick fixed at the track last time out. I better do that before Sunday so I don't DNF again.

*edit* Just did a quick fix on that battery connector. This thing is SWEET!

photobucket-4181-1316570263192.gif

Same one I have and absolutely love it.

soldering station

I have the 936 like you tom with the same decals but mine are red
i have been having problems soldering lately well ok i am not very good at at
i just bought some new lipos 4 7.4 volt 8000 mah for the summit and one 14.8v for my xtm rail and want to put the traxxas plugs on them so i was practicing so i do not screw them up and i am having no luck i can not get the solder to suck into the wire to tin it.
i tried tinning the connector and it will not stick

my temp is at 650 and i only have the tip that came with it the pointy one
i am use 60 40 solder
should my temp be different and what tip do you guys use
let me know thanks!

whats tips do you guys use to do the traxxas connectors?
what tips should i get?
is my temp ok 650?

650 should be fine for the connector. Depending on the battery lead you may need a little more head to get the lead hot fast so the entire lead doesn't get real hot. As for the tip, I personally prefer a flat tip as there is little to no precision needed in this type of soldering and the flat provides a nice wide surface to load a little solder on to begin the solder joint with.

whats tips do you guys use to do the traxxas and deans connectors?
what tips should i get and from where?

photobucket-5408-1330382455610.jpg

i really enjoy this thing. This is the first "station" i have had and i have to admit it makes things a lot easier.

Back