Show Revo Project ???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderTiger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here's the deal,

I recently scored a E-Savage and 2 Revo's. One revo is a 2.5, the other is an incomplete revo 2.5 to 3.3 conversion with a .21 BB engine conversion FOC conversion, 23mm hex conversion, TRX tubular control rods and rear wing kit.

My question is this. I want to build a "Show" truck out of the incomplete 3.3 conversion and i need some input as to the best parts.

I already know what skids, steering parts, CVD's, bumpers, fuel tank, tranny cases, diff cases, body mounts etc i want, but what suspension arms should i use and should i even bother with a steel main gear (yes, i am aware that this would then make the tranny more susceptible to damage)?

I know RPM arms are good and that they are strong and well recommended, but i am looking to go "All Alloy" as in alloy upper and lower suspension arms. The truck would see little use if any and would be run only on grass, so no "Real" stresses on the suspension at all.

Also, should i change the 23mm hexes to 17mm hexes ?

Hopefully you "Revo Guru's" will point me in the right direction and i say thank you ahead of time for any and all help received on this matter.

I will post a picture later of the incomplete revo 3.3 conversion, so you can all see what i am working with.

does it have to run, is it a shelf queen. also whats the top end of your budget

why are you making a shelf queen??...isn't the point of an r/c to run it...if it was mine and i wasn't going to run it i would sell it to somebody that would

This is NOT going to be a "Shelf queen" as i will run it periodically.

As to financing, i have an unlimited budget.

then that just leaves the question of what other parts should i fit or any recommendations on other parts ??

i have looked at 3 racing, and at "some" GRP alloy parts as well, but i'm looking to use "THE best" products available. not worried about expense either with an unlimited budget.

I have looked at an alloy tank as well from golden horizons. any input about alloy tanks ?

hmmm, I'm getting to wondering, i have a .21 engine, so would it be possible to fit a REAR exhaust over a side exhaust ??

Last edited:
I wish I never seen those A arms!!! Now I won't be able to sleep!!! I would buy them 4 myself but I think the wify would kick me out of the house for good and smash my trucks in the meantime hahah lol!!!!!

I'm drooling at the thought of those arms and all the other upgrades i'm going to fit !!

Thats the beauty of the relationship i have with my missus. So long as it keeps me quiet, stops me annoying her and i keep my mouth shut for a while, i'm ok to spend what i want on my hobbies :), well, within reason anyways.

Only things i need to decide now are:

Stay with 23mm hex or change to 17mm hex
what wheel and tyre combo to go with (based on above choice)
what servo's to use
What Gear Ratio (currently 18/38)
Should i fit the three speed kit i have
WHAT BODY to fit (THIS IS THE BIGGY for me)

Back