Shock Upgrade: Who is using what

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinh0agie

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Need Help with Shock Choice

I recently wrecked my savage into a pole and broke my front shocks. I'm looking to upgrade and I'm wondering what people are using. I really like Integy's SuperDugy MSR4 shock set. What shock oil are you guys putting in these? Are these shocks easy to adjust, as in softer or stiffer ride? Most of my running is on grass, dirt, or road. I dont really hit big air. I'm looking for shocks that will allow me to adjust depending on if I'm running on the road or landing jumps. are these a good choice?

Last edited:
well i am using supermaxx shocks and i am running 60w oil. you would have to get the upper-a-arms for the maxx to work these. I am running 4 shocks all around. they are great and have never had a problem.

If you want to be able to adjust them then you will need threaded shocks. I don't know about the integy ones but you could use Hot Bodies ones and HPI just came out with their own version of threaded shocks.