Shock Sox?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK. I've heard about them. But what are they made of? Can they be made at home? I tried to cover my springs with balloons. But that turned out to be an exercise in futility. After nearly an hour, I had one spring done and a pile of broken balloon. :doh:

So what do you guys recommend covering your springs with?? :\

I think that they are just made out of fabric ---> like a scrunchie thingie.

Candyman, make them out of spandex lycra. Have your wife sew them 1/2 inch from the seam to the fold, cut them a little longer then the spring length so you can fold the edges over the ends of the springs, and walah

People make them out of spandex/lycra as NC Nitro has mentioned. I have also seen people use heat shrink tubing or clear shrink wrap.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
People make them out of spandex/lycra as NC Nitro has mentioned. I have also seen people use heat shrink tubing or clear shrink wrap.

Plastic heat shrink with change the rate of the springs though, it will stiffen them up.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the links and tips. Thinking I may just dust off the sewing macine and make some for all my rides. But that can wait until the snow flies..

........must be warm where he lives...........

The snow should be flyin by this weekend here.....

:devious:

Back