shock oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesjamesp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently purchased my MT2 and immediately after break in, I was trying to get as much air as possible. Whats the best weight oils for jumping? can i mix oil weights in the shocks?

I recently purchased my MT2 and immediately after break in, I was trying to get as much air as possible. Whats the best weight oils for jumping? can i mix oil weights in the shocks?

I believe the standard weight that comes in stadium trucks is either 30 or 40 weight oil. The only truck that I've ever switched the oil weigh in was my Revo. I put in 90 weight oil, it sure did make the damping much more noticeable. But it would also ride rougher the ground. Since the stadium trucks are so much lighter, probably wouldn't hurt to go with a 50 or 60 weight oil.

I don't know why you would want to mix the oil, unless you were mixing two new oils before putting them in the shocks to fine tune, but now you can buy shock oil in half weights so you wouldn't have to mix. Since you're going to open the shocks to put fluid in, I would go ahead and get rid of the old oil that's in there. The oil catches dirt and dust particles and replacing the oil is how you can take care of the shocks. Since you'll have them opened and shock oil is so cheap, I would dump out the old and replace it all if it was my truck.