Shelf queen Baja 5b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
As the title says, this will be a total shelf queen. "shhhh, she will run across the sand dunes a time or two".
I have a long way to go and I've been on this one for about 6 months I think. It is all aluminum and she will hold a 45cc engine.
Most of the parts I have so far I can't install until I get other parts that are needed first but again, this will take some time.
She is going to be sweet...

IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG

Last edited:
As the title says, this will be a total shelf queen. "shhhh, she will run across the sand dunes a time or two".
I have a long way to go and I've been on this one for about 6 months I think. It is all aluminum and she will hold a 45cc engine.
Most of the parts I have so far I can't install until I get other parts that are needed first but again, this will take some time.
She is going to be sweet...

View attachment 150390View attachment 150391

Dude! it's time to reinforce that shelf, better yet a pedestal with a bulletproof display case over it. :thumbs-up: Gonna be killer!

Thanks guys. I'm sure there will be some green parts here and there but I haven't seen much at all anywhere.
I've seen red parts but not sure I want to go that route.
Definitely has to be a hefty shelf.

Fun looking buggy. can't wait to see it come to life. You buying a new motor? What cc are you thinking?

Yes it will be a new motor and I'm going with 45cc on this one. My other baja I installed the shorty kit and it has the 31.5cc. She wheelies like a mofo.
If it was going to be a "often" runner I would go with a O'Neill Brothers Racing engine. They are spendy but haul arse.
These 1/5 scale gas rigs are very fun.
Someday I will buy a Kraken Vekta.5 . I was going to build one but the parts were at the time, hard to find.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD. love . i love alloy / steel

Back