she said she likes the long one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b-rian

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just wondering why so many people are talking about extending their chassis?what does that do?

its easier to work cuz there is more room i guess, and i guess for looks, i dont understand it and i have one myself but i am building a custom car it just has a couple t maxx parts on it, i dunno i wouldnt take my stock t maxx and put it on a longer chassis I'm with ya

I did it with mine, it handles better. A longer chassis on anything is easier to handle when it goes out of control because the rear wheels don't have to go as far to pass out the front ones. I drive my tmaxx rwd with a .28 engine and its kind of easy to hold it sideways for drifting

the longer chassis helps to keep the front end planted. less wheelies, and less front end push in corners. It also spaces out the wheels so there is more time between the front hitting a bump and the rear hitting the same bump. this allows the rig to settle down, and makes it more stable.

a shorter chassis will corner sharper, but the rear end will step out easier as well.

a longer chassis will not corner as sharp, but you can take the corners faster without spinning out.

It has nothing to do with space available to work on the vehicle.

If you decide to extend..realize the project in its entirety.....all the additional parts you need to upgrade in order for it to work..

If your goin BigBlock you have to go with an extended chassis for the extra room.

plus a shed load more controll in the air with an extended chassis