servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont use light or anything.
recieveers power steering and throttle/break servose in my nitros and thats all. no reverse modules, even.
did some research on my tekin RX8 in my Flux and it has a built in BEC, but its only a 6v BEC and 7.4v BEC's seem pretty hard to find unless you run castle motors and use the castle-link

Have you just looked into the individual , Stand alone becs?

Have you just looked into the individual , Stand alone becs?
only ones i can find that are 7.4v are the castle adjustable BEC/voltage regulators. but you need to buy the castle-link to set them to 7.4v.
everything else i have found is 6.0v and under

Look on. Ok. I understand your issue now. I would imagine there are others but I don't have that info offhand.

From everything I have learned on this forum. A fail safe and throttle return spring seem to be an imperative mod to EVERYONE's rig!. Just my thoughts

$335 on 4 new servos.....YIPPY!

lipo has always confused me. will invest in one of the bec that was posted above for my flux. but i think i will chance it on the nitros. just need to figure out the proper battery

yup, my own modified throttle/brake linkeages.same on both my nitro trucks. throttle linkeage goes through my throttle return spring, even
failsafe built into my transmitter/reciever. check it like clockwork every time i plan on taking my trucks out

you are d'man Olds97
i searched and searched both epig and google and they never showed those

Attachments

• IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
HAHAHA
funny thing is. i have aluminum indicator plates on the switch and half is red for on and the off half is chrome(think from tmaxx on/off switch) but my fatass is still too lazy to bend over and look. whatever it takes to make life easy, right?

Last edited:
I would figure one would be enough, says it's rated for 6A, 10A max. Your going to have fun wiring it in though... power wires from the servos to the BEC, signal lead to the receiver.

Expected delivery today
WOW...3 days from Chino, CA to Nort Deekoter.....FREAKING AWESOME!

contacted Tekin Yesterday concerning my RX8 and 7.4v servos
they said that particular speed controller BEC wont do 7.4v but they suggested the trade-in program for the RX8 gen2.
also said that if i had issues-brownout and glitch, to try a glitch buster first

Had to modify the battery/reeciever box on all 3 savages. actually changed out the flux box for a new one.
With the grometts and rubber mounts on the servos, the wire would bind at the point of entry into the box so i cut the slot all the way down to the ends of the screw channels. then cut the small amount of material from betwen them on the inside of the box. now the servo wire has just enough romm to go into the box with out getting bound and squashed.One of the 1267's that was in the XL as steering had its wires all goobered from this issue
I wasn't happy with the way the previous owner set up the box so a new one was installed.
Made 2 plates from metal to cover the throttle servo hole, both from the top and the bottom, then drilled a large hole at the front of the servo area, where my esc and fan wires go into the box..
took me 5 hrs to put new servos in my 3 savages. I had the old ones out a couple days ago...lol. and i still have to get my steering set again on the XL this morning

Last edited:
I give up on the idea of running 7.4V lipos as reciever batteries. It all just gives me one BIG headache. why does something so simple have to be so complicated?

Back