Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Nerd

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Curious as to what steering servo you are running. I've switched around and right now have a ProTek 100-T, which is 216/.14. It's a nice enough servo but just not enough for what I want with me Savage. I figure with the crazy environments I run it in, I need a crazy servo. ;-) I have a 7955 I can use (333/.15) but have decided I'm going to get that ProTek 170S. 445/.09. The 'T' version is 510/.14 and same price but 445/.09 is just more impressive and that is only 6 volts. With a 7.2 pack it gets 549/.07. Curious if anyone has tried this, and/or what you have now and if it's working for you. I'm not one of these servo snobs (I'll run stock until they quit) but as I 'beastify' my Savage I need the steering to be flat-out violent.

Savox 1258 steering savox 1256 throttle both better than stock..

Last edited:
Any plans to upgrade or you happy with them?

I've had decent luck with stock servos but not the Savage ones. 91.7/.17 could barely turn off road---even on road it just looked wrong. At first thought it was power so put in hump pack. Then thought something was binding so rebuilt steering assembly (replaced post bushings with bearings, HD spring, etc. It was smooth as silk but same result. The 216/.14 was like night and day, but seems like it just turns 'normally' now. I can live with it and have for a few gallons. But if I can make to more than twice as good I will. I have 1258/57 in other vehicles. They are nice.

Last edited:
Any plans to upgrade or you happy with them?

I've had decent luck with stock servos but not the Savage ones. 91.7/.17 could barely turn off road---even on road it just looked wrong. At first thought it was power so put in hump pack. Then thought something was binding so rebuilt steering assembly (replaced post bushings with bearings, HD spring, etc. It was smooth as silk but same result. The 216/.14 was like night and day, but seems like it just turns 'normally' now. I can live with it and have for a few gallons. But if I can make to more than twice as good I will. I have 1258/57 in other vehicles. They are nice.

Good so far, havent actually ran the savage for more than 5 minutes yet.

No, my name has nothing to do with the truck. I made it 10 years ago before I even knew what a savage was. ;)

Back