Servo With more Torque

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am trying to find a good servo that has more torque, I am looking to upgrade the throttle sever to something that has more torque because i added a return spring on my throttle and i need a more powerful servo.

Bad idea to add a high torque servo for throttle,try a softer spring,I have seen carbs destroyed completely from improperly adjusted high torques, u want speed and not torque for the throttle servo.

The traxxas throttle servos are very weak, a stronger servo will not only fix the issue with the TRS but also improve your brakes. Look at the Hitec HS-5645 use it for steering servos and throw one of your steering ones up as your throttle/brake servo.

I just notice i already have a Hitec servo in my steering and i have the 2055 servo as my throttle/brake servo already..

I still have the 2018 but i was reading that the 2055 is more better.

I just went ahead and bought a hump pack 3300 mAh because my battery's in my receiver could be weak causing it to move slower.

I'm using a Hitec HS 645 MG for my steering & a HS 625 MG for my throttle / brake.
As long as you adjust the extents of your servo for the throttle, you won't break anything. When I first installed it, the throttle was wide open at half a trigger pull. Once I adjusted everything it was fine.

I honestly think my problem might of been weak battery's, I order a hump pack so i am going too see

Were you using the 4xAA pack? If so the 6v pack will help.

I have been thinkin about one of those hump packs,how much better r they,do you just take out your old batt box and zip tie hump pack in there somewhere

I have been thinkin about one of those hump packs,how much better r they,do you just take out your old batt box and zip tie hump pack in there somewhere

I had one before and they was really good, I notice a big difference in how my Throttle would move (Quicker) I didn't have that exact hump pack but i did notice a difference.. And seeing that this pack is 3300 mAh and has a Tam plug it should be a good one..

I just put my old hump pack in the battery box itself, It fits rite in.