Servo/battery testing, electrically

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2W0EPI

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I''m new here, what I mean is ' I have only been in the hobby a few weeks', so I decided to do some servo/battery testing. Are Amazon bog standard nimh batteries any different from those sold by model shops?. Done some tests and almost certainly found that normal nimh batteries seem to cause the servo to oscillate/vibrate at the two ends of travel. Replacing my home made amazon pack with model shop 'outlander batteries(nimh) then the problem goes away, what's happening here is that every battery can be approximated with having an internal resistance and this means that the outlander batteries have a lower internal resistance than my home made Amazon pack.

At first, I thought it was the originally thin power wires but beefing them up and making them thicker improved the situation, but it still had issues.Also, I figured my budget servo's might be at fault, but it shows that nimh battery packs, as sold by model shops, are quite good quality.

you have to adjust the endpoints on radio .sounds lie servo is trying to go past endpoints on rsdio.

you have to adjust the endpoints on radio .sounds lie servo is trying to go past endpoints on rsdio.
Um, no, I'm using a standard servo tester, not my tx/rx to drive my servo, also and as I have stated originally, the use of expensive model shop batteries cure the problem.

Back