Senton 3s keeps cutting out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnyjax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Morning folks. Ok so I just got a new senton v3 3s and it's great except for the take off. I know exactly how to adjust punch settings under variable 2. The problem is if it's on the smallest incline, it lurches a couple times and then all throttle goes away but steering stays, turn off then on and it's fine again untill I stop on an incline. If it's flat it does the normal poopy delay and then take off like a rocket. I know it's a 3s but I'm using 2s 50c batteries and it is confusing me if that's the problem, like I said if it's on flat surface it is fine and it's fine on inclines and hills as long as I'm in the throttle but taking off from the tiniest incline some times it makes it and sometimes it stutters and then dies untill I turn off on again.
I want to say it's a battery issue and not enough juice from the 2s but man once it starts it's a rocket...
Help is much appreciated!

that might be a factory setting in esc that you can not override. Id change esc with another brand that does not have this known issue.. can't believe no others posted on this with all these Arrma people here

Last edited:
that might be a factory setting in esc hat you can not override. Id change esc with another brand that does not have this known issue.. can believe no others posted on this with all these Arrma people here
Thanks tnt, I believe after doing more research your exactly right, thank you!

Check the motor to ESC connection first. Sometimes the connection makes the cogging worse. I have had issues with the cogging, but it isn't as severe (able to go up slight inclines, but stops moving once I try to go over a small rock or something).

As for the lag, I have the same issue with my Granite (even with the punch set all the way up). For me, it stutters terribly when starting, and then it would launch off like it had boosters. Oddly enough, it only happens when the car is below a certain speed, and once it's up to speed, there are no issues with it.

To solve this problem, you would have to change the ESC as tntpoof said.

Check the motor to ESC connection first. Sometimes the connection makes the cogging worse. I have had issues with the cogging, but it isn't as severe (able to go up slight inclines, but stops moving once I try to go over a small rock or something).

As for the lag, I have the same issue with my Granite (even with the punch set all the way up). For me, it stutters terribly when starting, and then it would launch off like it had boosters. Oddly enough, it only happens when the car is below a certain speed, and once it's up to speed, there are no issues with it.

To solve this problem, you would have to change the ESC as tntpoof said.
Yeah sounds like same thing, if it's rolling at a good speed there is punch galore and runs awesome.
Thanks for the response TCH!

Back