Seized Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abhay_w

RC Newbie
Reaction score
HI guys i need your help. I have a cen ct5 that has been sitting for a long time and i tired to start it but the pull cord wont come out and i feel the engine is seized. can you please help me fix this. Also where can you get parts for this car?

Take of the back plate and see if there is rust buildup, you could try to remove it but it is very hard. I would change out the bearings. Take out the sleeve and see if the piston go down and up. Lubricate it all with after run oil and leave it to sit there overnight. Try it again.

Is there any way to do it with just taking out the glow plug. I am very inexperienced with rc car engines Andy I don’t have any after run oil.

Is there any way to do it with just taking out the glow plug. I am very inexperienced with rc car engines Andy I don’t have any after run oil.
Uh oh. Have you got 3 in 1 oil? Or wd40 that would work. Take out the glow plug and flip the car upside down and pull the starter the fuel should come out reinstall the glow plug and try again

Uh oh. Have you got 3 in 1 oil? Or wd40 that would work. Take out the glow plug and flip the car upside down and pull the starter the fuel should come out reinstall the glow plug and try again
I have wd40 but the pull cord is also jammed it doesn’t move.

I have wd40 but the pull cord is also jammed it doesn’t move.
Take of the pullstart it's like 4 screws. Test if it pulls. If it does you will notice 4 more screws unscrew them when the piston is NOT at bottom dead center. Bottom of the sleeve/cylinder. Empty out all the old nitro gunk

Ok I’ll try that when I get home. Do you know where I can get cheap pars for this car?

Back