SCX-10 Reverse A Bugger To Kick In!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Sorry if I'm on the wrong topic but my scx-10 is having difficulties kicking into reverse, when I scale up or down rocks n hills n such I engage the brake fully for a second then slowly pull back into throttle and sometimes will not reverse and sometimes having to brake/throttle/brake/throttle to kick it in and then it kicks in full blast and completly mess's up my scaling stage and frustrates me! Is something wrong or am I not doing something right?

All input greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Loring

Without knowing what esc it is....I might guess it has a double pump reverse? Or just a reverse delay esc. Prolly nothing to worry about but something to get used to like on a xl5, arent they double pump? But if its something like a Mamba or Sidewinder, then you might have something wrong.

Yeah it is the xl5 and even double pumpin the brake wont kick it in, I have a regular TQ tx would a differant TQ work better? Arent the TQs with the little red flip switch for reverse? I hope nothing is wrong but is it any speed double pump or is there a trick to it? Sorry never owned a rig with reverse :S

This is why I swithed from the XL5 and I was using it with a DX3E. The XL5 is super glitchy between fwd and rev when it finally engages. Once I changed esc my problems where over:) well my mental problems stayed but the fwd rev thing was gone:D

You have to be going pretty slow or damn near stopped for it to go from forward to reverse. It is a safety thing so you don't destroy the tranny going from forward to reverse at 60mph LOL!!!!

Problem solved! I was fine tuning my trottle trim & got it to work fine because it was trimmed out to creep forward *makin that lil electric sound* but tuned it back & lets reverse kick in instead of thinking it only wants forward