SCX-10 Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone what the parts are different on the 11.4" and the 12.3" wheelbase trucks? I'm kind of interested in converting my original SCX-10 to the longer wheel base version.

I havent seen a longer wheel base version so I dont know but good chance its just longer lowers and upper links.

I also think it's just the links that are longer. When I wanted my original SCX10 stretched to a longer wheelbase I figured out how long I would need the links to be and gave the measurements to Lloyd, he cut a set from delrin for me....At a great price too!

This was an original SCX10 that was stretched to a 13" wheelbase and I added all of the extra length to the rear links so I wouldn't have to relocate the front shocks. The rear shocks were easy to move because the chassis rails are straight in the rear, unlike the hump on the front of the chassis. I also had to made the rear shaft longer.

jeeptwoface.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I saw that Axial makes a link set for both wheelbases. I'll just think about the aluminum set that they offer.

Back