Screw Locations?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOS

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Earlier today, I decided to do a complete breakdown and cleaning of my Savage XL 5.9.... After I put everything back together, I noted that two screws still remained. I have absolutely no clue where they go and I'm a bit worried.... The manual isn't helping and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions???

:\

Lol start looking at everything and taking things back apart until you find where they go, thats about all you can do unless you wanna be foolish and run the rig and possibly mess something up...

What I do when I do rig teardowns is get my camera and snap pics as I go of both simple and complex parts, and as I remove parts I hamd screw the hardware back into the part being removed so I dont lose it and know the right stuff goes back in.

After awhile you will learn your rig tearing it down and eventually know whats what without pics, even for me I stilm attach my hardware as I teardown unfarmilliar parts

That's a bit of a whoops... Like @HPI-Killer said its best to pull your rig back down and find where the screws go rather than risk possible major damage.
The camera idea is great I do it all the time especially when I'm doing something I haven't done or something I haven't done in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also helps to create a build thread pertaining to the rig your working on with lots of pics for a couple reasons. Share ypur experience with other members amd random googlers surfing for answers, and it makes for a good source to go back through and see for yourself what to do, what youve done, how it needs to be done and memorization for future builds with the other rigs of the same structure.

I always build threads for my projects and has gotten to the point where I can pretty much build an Axial Racing based rig without the manual as well as maintainence on them.

Measure the screws, compare them to the dicription at the back of the manual, all the while looking for a part number, and then open up to the pages with the exploded veiw and look hard to see how many of that part number you have to use, this way you'll know exactly what needs to be disassembled, and hopefully where, it beats pulling apart the whole chassis.

One of the screws went to the chassis, and the other fell out of a servo. :D glad I figured that out

thanx guise

Back