Sold / Found ++ Scammer Alert ++ - Recon8541

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
We have heard that a member going by the name Recon8541 is a world class scammer and has made off with well over 2K worth of fellow RC members product.

We are not saying this is fact however please be careful doing any trades or sales to this user.

For more info, please read the links below and make your own conclusions.
We are open to a response from this user to clear up any misinformation that may be out there and hope he will do so.

http://www.largescaleforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7272

Mike Williams (aka Recon8541)
Eustis, Florida 32736

Recommended Contacting if Scammed:

Eustis Police Department
51 E Norton Ave
Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 483-5400

Florida 5th Circuit State Attorney
Lake County Judicial Center
550 West Main St.
Tavares, FL 32778
(352)742-4236 Voice
(352)742-4269 Fax

Thanks for the info!

Got a real name with the guy and where he's from? (Or did I miss it in there?) Thanks for the heads up Ed!

Thanks for the heads up....I wish folks could just be stand up.

Not to mention the video he has posted a link to here in our aircraft and marine that is on you tube even starts off with "Thanks Matty this ones for you"

I would have to say this scammer is one in the same, as the guy that ripped of Matty D on large scale forums.

I REALLY hate thieves!!!

Sometimes I wish one could just hire a group of junkies and have them beat 7 shades of poop out of assholes like this!
Nothing a baseball bat could not straighten out...

Its hard to believe a guy would post a video of himself using stolen or in this case not paid for merchandise. Can you say EVIDENCE.

How longs it take to activate a account at the baja forum? I did earlier today (Cuz you can't see the link without being a registered member) and I still havnt gotten the activation email..

i dont know the whole story but why would they send the items before they got the payment?kinda of odd

I guess he trusted him because he was a fellow "Military man"... Thats alot of trust for a $1400 item..
I still havnt gotten my verification email to that baja forum to actually read that thread and actually see the dudes name and such..

Thats a shocker! I have read some of his posts and he seemed to be an alright guy....Just goes to show you can never tell.

Thanks for the heads ups. Man these guys piss me off. But if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a Job.

I've updated the first post with the users name, city and state. I've also posted recommended contact info if you've been scammed by this user.

Recon8541 has also been placed on a Perm. Ban - regardless if this user corrects his wrong doing he's not welcome here anymore.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back