scale rig parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
where can i get scale parts? like coolers, beer cans fire ext. bungee cords, etc.??

You can find scale stuff everywhere. Dollhouse miniatures, other toys, but the best part scale rc is making scale stuff, I made a cool fire extinguisher to put in my tuber, some tiny bungees, and I plan on making lots of other cool stuff.

007.jpg

FE1.jpg

So what exactly were you looking for?

I'm sure if you asked Rolex really nice he might stop waxing his Savage for a few minutes and make you some of his excellent scale pieces. (check out the Ugly Truckling Project page)

I sure Rolex is waxing something, but I doubt it's the Savage. Well unless he ran out of his little blue miracle pills. :D

ok thanks guys, I'm still in the research stage, but i do think ill be building a scaler, and although your stuff is awesome, NC, i jsut dont have the desire to make them, lol, i rather just buy them if i can

You would be amazed what you can find for your scaler walking through the toy department. And cheap too. You might find some tires and a set of bumpers on toy car, and get it for $15, and then you'll still have a hard body for a later scaler project thrown in with the deal. Some of the best scaler bodies out there are hard bodies from toy cars. I've already got several still in the box awaiting my scaler projects.

I sure Rolex is waxing something, but I doubt it's the Savage. Well unless he ran out of his little blue miracle pills. :D

Well he wanted to wax something that he could actually play with, so the Savage was out, which only left the wank as an option.

I can't believe the crappy wire winds on the bungee cords on a site that actually sells them. Compare them to NC's. His are flawless, and painted too.
There are lots of things you can use from doll house scale of 1" to 1'. I also agree with the toy aisles. Don't look at the toys, look at the parts on them. Use some imagination.

I've been de-anodizing parts since I have the Savvy torn down. I'm also waxing my rocket. Damn, that oven cleaner burns.

waxing your rocket? hhhmmmmm

is that what you call it now a days a rocket...... LOL

go hit up your local toy store definitly. i have been thinking about starting a scaler my self.

All WAl-Marts have a clearance isle or two, and you would be amazed at the scale body RC's that I've found in there for like $5. They always have toys at the ones locally on that isle, and if there isn't an RC there is usually a diecast on sale that you can disect. My problem is I keep my die cast collection original in their boxes and everything, and I've bought 4 for scaler parts and then decided that I just had to put them in the collection and couldn't cut them up. I could start buying Fords because I would have NO problem slicing them up, but I really don't care to have Ford parts on my scalers lol.

hey chuck,can i see some pics of your scalers??

Back