Savage XL low speed problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjav1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Lately my Savage XL has been giving me problems when I let it sit and idle. Usually it takes me a while to get the engine warmed up to the point where I can run it and accelerate it to full speed quickly. But when I let it sit at idle for about 30 seconds and then try to accelerate it just dies on me. I was wondering what I could do to fix this problem and be able to accelerate quickly.

When you let it sit and idle, it's loading up with fuel or its starved of fuel. How rich/lean are you running your LSN?

When this happens to me, I reset my needles to the factory settings and retune.

How many tanks or gallons have you put through the truck?

It's not necessary to do a complete retune, it's an adjustment on the LSN only, if your high speed runs are good.
The LSN sounds a bit on the rich side.

I had the same problem until I leaned my hsn to 1.25 turns in from the groove. Temp is around 230 and I have not touched the lsn,idle or mix screw from the factory. I will admit its cranky until its warmed up. To get around this is just do a small lap with the warmer on. Hopes this helps, Steve.

Yea, I haven’t really touched the LSN, and I have left it at the factory settings because the last time I tried to adjust it began to over heat but I think I am going to try to mess around with it again because I have the HSN tuned pretty good.

I have put about 2 gallons through it since the break in.

Thanks for the help.