Savage X4.6 Reverse Removal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez830

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So heres the story: I bought my savage off this guy and he had already installed a reverse module on it, but I have found it anoying and somewhat useless. My problem is I have no idea how to remove the thing. I heard its extra weight so I rather remove it, and I just dont use it. Are there any instructions on how to install it on the internet or uninstall it, I tried looking but couldnt find anything, atleast instructions that come with the moduale could be good cause i could just go backwards. Oh yeah I have another question too. The guy also got a high torque servo and used it for throttle, shouldnt I put this on the steering, common sense kind of question I know, but maybe theres something else I dont know, but tomorrow I'm switching the servos and putting the high torque for steering
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for, and I was worried Id be missing, but the guy sent tons of extra parts so it might be in there, but I was initially going to just remove the servo
Thanks again

no problem. i got that from the HPI website(duh) so if you need anymore manuals they are all on the site. for every accessory HPI makes.

To remove the reverse module, you'll need the bottom shaft, the bearing cup and a bearing.

Shaft: 86081
Bearing: B085
Cup: 85044 (b) (included with other parts)
Screws (2): Z567

After that, it's a simple remove/replace type deal.

Hope that helps!

Thanks HeartBreak,
So can anyone clear this servo stuff out?

With an MT, you want the high torque on the steering. You've got some big tires to try to move, so you want as much force as you can. On the throttle, you'll want a fair amount of torque, mainly for the brakes. It takes almost no effort to run the throttle, but you'll want to be able to clamp the brakes. I'd recommend the higher torque on the steering and the other on the throttle/brake.

Okay thanks Candyman thats what I thought at first

Well I just dont really use it and I havent gotten around to get my truck to idle really well so if id hold the break for 5 seconds it would start to die, and then Id quickley push the throttle again, and also I just never really needed it...yet, I just rather flip it with my foot or something rather than wait 5 seconds (or 3 seconds) then go back then do that again but if it doesn't rain tomorrow ill try to tune the idle screw and ill see maybe ill start to like it lol

LOL well i understand the wait 3 seconds thing. if it were just a switch like other models then i would get it but i still get tired of running

lol yeah well I'm still young (15) so I've got the energy but the switch model would be a lot better

Back