Savage X in the Hospital!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boody1981

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
alright, went down to the local skate park today with my truck and was hitting some awesome jumps, getting 10-12ft of air no problem and landing beautifully. So what do you do after some sweet jumps....look for bigger ones! and I did. my goal was to hit one of the skate ramps at high speed and try to clear the 16ft chain-link fence that surrounds the park..hahaha, and I did!! But she landed right on her roof and of course I wasn't running my body at the time. She stalled out instantly.
took a look and the carb was crooked. looked like it just turned a bit, so I turned it back straight(took some forced to do that) and hope it will be ok. Upon further investigation:
engine plate was bend and cracked
fuel lines cracked
clutch bell rammed against the disk brakes
brakes rotors bent and wheels will not move
Neadless to say $50 and the parts are on thier way. Any comments? will this carb be ok?

sounds like a good bash... no pics or vid??

Will the carb be ok??? How well did you inspect it? Is anything cracked, needles bent? Take it apart, look it over carefully, if yes to the above then think about replacing. Sounds like an awsome bash session, any vids?

It was an awesome bash session, one little vid of a single smaller jump, but I will be back to the park once my parts come in and take some vids then. I was by myself so next time my wife will come with me and be the videographer.

The carb was inspected real good and nothing is cracked or bent, just the carb itself was twisted in its groove. I think the head took the bulk of the impact..hence my motor mount was bent. Should have seen the dirt packed in the head when I dug it out of the ground. haha

I'll try and get the vid on here.

Attachments

• IMG_3295.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3296.jpg
    IMG_3296.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3297.jpg
    IMG_3297.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
alright this is the only way I could find to show you guys this little vid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uUEH0pCKrI"]YouTube - savage X jump[/ame]
there it is.

If i think that you are talking about the stock motor then yes the carb can move a little bit with out hurting the carb. i believe the is a little metal sleeve around the base of the carb and according to HPI they state thats why it is there so you dont trash the carb. Hope this helps

right on thanks...just waiting for my parts to come in so I can fire it back up.

Back