savage x 4.6 non start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumbson

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can't get my savage x to start glow plug is good engine primed correctly everything is fully charged tried rich lean mixtures idle gap is correct has good compression fuel is about 2 weeks old and is 25 percent nitro also tried pre-heating the engine and still no good just doesn't even fire.

Yes fully charged lights the plug right up

Take off your air filter and pour a little fuel directly into the carb. If it fires right up and then stalls after a few seconds of running you'll know your LSN is clogged.

I'll give that a go tomorrow thanks if it is blocked should I just unscrew the lsn and blow air trew the fuel inlet to unblock it

Sound man iv got a couple of carbs to clean out then iv got some break cleaner at work ill use that can clean anything with and it will just evaporate off I don't get how it could get blocked it was runing okay just a week ago then took it out ran like poop then just wouldn't fire up ill try dropping fuel in direct anyway befor I pull the carb off

Sorry, my brain got cross threaded with another one where it hadn't been started in 2 years.
With yours, just blowing it out should clear it. Check the fuel filter, also. Hope you have one installed.

Okay man and no I don't have a fuel filter on my savage I will get one tho

Dropped fuel in direct and it fired right up so took out lsn cleaned it up blew it out then it would start but still difficult so I tried blowing trew the back pressure pipe thinking it wernt getting enough pressure turned it over bliped the throttle got fuel in my eye then hydrolocked the engine and and nakard my one way bearing problem is I don't have a one way as I did the nut and grub screw mod because I already got trew like 3 bearings so expecting a snapped crank or sheard starter plate ill tear the engine down and have a look at the damage it did work tho and I think I cleared any blockage there must be a better alternative to this roto start crap prefer pullstart

Terns out just the nut let go I had to fill the inside of it with chemical metal then drill it out to 6 mm cuz trying to find a 12mm nut with 6 mm Internal diameter or less is almost impossible anyway I will make another one tomorrow and fill it with braze or weld bolt it back together and try get it to start

2015-01-12 21.27.01-1.jpg

20150112_192019-1.jpg

Back together now started up runs good thanks rolex for the tips and help

i had a similar problem and i changed to 20% nitro and fixed my issue