Savage X 4.6 Mid Tank Options?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwalk03

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of LCG extended TVPs, Savage servo plate, an extended center skid plate, savage motor plate and a set of servo mounts (along with an Alza bulkhead conversion kit.) I have looked and searched tons of threads on the Internet and can not find a list of replacement tanks to order to fix the half tank lean issue and complete the mid tank mod on my HPI Savage X 4.6. I've seen some say to use the Ofna Hyper 7 tank or the Hellfire tank. For any of you that have used an Fast Lane Machine conversion what tank did you go with? Also if anyone has any pics or helpful tips I would be very greatful.

Here's the FLM extended 4.6X with a dual tank. It's been changed again since the pic was taken but this is how it was hooked up.

Fuel_flow.jpg

Here's the FLM extended 4.6X with a dual tank. It's been changed again since the pic was taken but this is how it was hooked up.
What brand/size/model is the second tank?

Man you have a sweet truck.

I really don't remember. I believe I bought an aluminum platform I needed and the tank came with it. I'm pretty sure I bought it from a member, here.

I really don't remember. I believe I bought an aluminum platform I needed and the tank came with it. I'm pretty sure I bought it from a member, here.
Ok. TYVM. Maybe after I instal the FLM TVPs I'll measure and see what will fit.

FLM is really first rate. I also have the TVPs on an electric brushless conversion Savage. They also have EXCELLENT customer support.
Here are some early shots of the conversion:

Diff-bulk2.jpg
e3a.jpg
ExtendedTVP.jpg
e2b.jpg
e1a.jpg

Last edited:
Man those are some top quality parts. Excellent machine work there.

If you ever figure out a mid-tank design, I'd love to hear what you did. My truck gets horrible lean at mid-tank lol. Did you figure out a good body for the FLM extended frame? My dodge body looks kind of silly with the 15" wheelbase.

I went with one of the biggest lids I could find and that was the Gravedigger.

ExtSav1.jpg

This was an early version of a conversion to mid tank, then it went to twin motor electric.
Blk4.jpg

Blk5.jpg

I have the GMC Top Kick and the F650. They both will fit the extended chassis perfect. Any body that says Savage XL will fit nicely. If it's lists the E-Revo, LST, E-max, or savage XL will fit. When all my parts come in I will create a thread with all the info.

Back