Savage tire slop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman.18

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How can I get the slope out of my savage

There is no "one way"...but I tightened my saver spring...and it took helped a LOT. It came back so put HD spring. Also put the HD rod ends on--after doing those two things slop was completely gone.

Thanks

Are the HD rod ends the ones that come with the savage suspension tuning conversion kit? Already have the HD servo spring and looking at getting the suspension tuning kit.

To the op that HD servo spring is a cheap and great upgrade, I believe I paid less then $5 it.

Last edited:
The rod ends were the ones that come with the flux. I think I used the same pivot balls for the flux--but it took care of it. Slop can be beastly to fix sometimes but this was a breeze

Anytime a company comes out with something like an HD servo saver spring, what they're really saying is "You know, the one we released with the vehicle sucks. We realize that now - so here is the solution." Ha ha

Ahh ok then I already have the HD rod ends stock.

I know what you're saying, invested in the HD drive gear right off the bat with the Savage Flux. Glad i did the research there.

I like all the parts in the suspension tuning kit in that if you have a specific problem with your suspension block (or front clip in general) these are items I would recommend.

It's really a bag of there most quality work, and you essentially buy them all regardless if they are ever needed. If you think about it, you save more money waiting until you have a problem, then buy that part specifically. I love the updated tuning options these parts have as well. I build my vehicles with durability in front of mine-always. You know - as long at it can handle what you throw at it, keep the party going--make it lighter and faster.

If a part does break, it's either a design flaw ("optional tuning") and these parts have it--so we fix it. If it breaks because the part flat-out sucks--these parts fix it. If it sucks because your new puppy chewed up your wiring - hey you never know until you try. It then becomes a well-maintained vehicle that does exactly what you want it to do.

Sorry to ramble...to be succinct, I don't buy parts until I need them. But their needs are met as it progresses. It could be for durability or performance...and I believe the Savage can be a bad-ass vehicle. I'm trying everything under the sun with mine. I'm just getting started it has so much potential.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: