Savage stays at full throtle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagemajor

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I ran my Savage .25 today and it stays at full throttle as soon as it starts. The servo work fine and it pushes/pulls on the purple plastic part. Any thoughts on what to do?

Sage

Did you try putting in new batteries? I ran into this problem awhile back down the road but on my battery pack one of the wires tabs fell out of the plastic connector.

Does it stay at full throttle despite where the servo arm is? Or does the servo go full as soon as you start it? One is a tuning issue the other is electrics low battery or possible servo reversed(had that happen to me) or bad reciever issues,just to name a few..

check ur throttle trim on the radio...did it get moved all the way to where it goes wot or is the servo already extended and opening the carb before it starts???JMO

After the first problem I removed the throtle arm, so its not a battery issue.

The spring is there but it does not seem to be pulling the throttle in as far as it goes in on one of the photos I saw on here.

Below are photos of it closed as far as it will pull. If I start it like this it will be at full throttle.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

please tell me that you took the filter off for the purpose of the picture. Reset the spline that is on the servo.

try looking at the throttle slide part of the carb. one time i had an problem of the carb not going back to idle and i found a nick in the housing of the carb that would bind the slide from closing.

Take off the tube for the air cleaner so we can see inside the carb. That's what we need to see in order to isolate the problem.

Yes I took the air filter off for the photo. The throttle return spring is the one that shows in the picture right?

I will take another picture with the tube off.

Sage

Wow I guess its user error. 2 times ago the air filter popped off and on a nice flip down the hill. I put it back on and it ran fine for another 10 min or so before I left. The next time I ran for a bit before the throttle locked at full. Here is what happened.

Photo for the archives of why you keep your air filter on.
IMAGE_165.jpg

Looks to me like the servo arm needs readjustment or your throttle trim is all the way forward,looks like,from my seat anyway,an easy fix.The purple thing as it was called earlier is your carb slide and when it is fully closed the ribs on the purple thing are tight together,in the pics there is space between them showing that your adjustments are off.

Last edited:
This is what you need to see inside the carb throat. When you have that, you'll have a good idle. If it's open more, it will run at higher RPMs. Adjust it till it will open and close to that position normally, before you try to restart it.

CarbNeck.jpg

Sorry I was not clear enough. Look at the photo. There is a piece of wood in the air intake. It kept the throttle open. Once I removed the wood it worked fine and the throttle link moved correctly. I ran 2 tanks yesterday with no problems except an occasional stall.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sage

Back