Savage shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was out bashing today and landed badly off a back flip. One of my stock shocks broke. Well their not exactly stock I replaced the springs with 6lb works for competition springs and went to 35wt oil. I was wodering if you would recomend buying a replacement shock and trying it again. Or buying a new set of shocks alltogether. I was really happy with the way the springs and 35wt oil performed. If I go to a different shock will they be about the equilavent. Thanks Matt

What is the difference in those shocks in the link and the hot bodies threaded shocks. They look about the same. Matt

in the shocks in the link you have to use plastic clips. on the threaded shocks you dont need the clips. the threaded shocks are probally beter

HB threaded shocks SUCK. Do a search here with the words HB and SHOCKS. They are weak, and the bottoms are poorly designed. The HB racing shocks are (from what I've seen and read) much better than the threaded ones. I destroyed a set of the HB threaded shocks in less than a gallon, and went back to the stock shocks, which have held up alot better.

I have both the HB race shocks and what's left of the threaded shocks. I agree, the threaded shocks suck. First they don't fit right. Second the shafts bend real easy. The race shocks have held up great so far. You can get them at Meganitro.com for $75.00. :)

Tex

Yeah, forgot to mention the bending shafts issue. From what I saw when Pirata got his, the race shocks look like the same design as the stock shocks. The threaded ones have a really crappy bottom end design, which I think is the root of them getting contaminated, and get into a bind causing the bent shafts.

I've got a lightly used set of threaded HB shocks I'll part with...for the right price. Make me an offer via PM, if interested.

I changed to running buggy shocks fit to New Era Upper A-arms designed to take T-Maxx shocks. I only run a total of four shocks, and they rock. Initially, I lost about 1/8" of travel, but got a new set of towers that bring that all back.

Just another option to consider.

Thanks A lot for all the info I believe I am going to go with the HB race shocks. Ill post later on how they work out. Matt

How about those shocks with the piggy back? Anyonen using them?

Back