Savage Servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDaPope

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys. I got a new controller/transmitter. Now my savage is cutting in and out with the steering and throttle. I was told this might be a servo issue. The transmitter I got was an hpi TF-20U. The receiver is a hpi rf30 2.4 ghz. Any knowledge you guys could share with me would be most greatfull.

Thanks Ryan

was the original transmitter and reciever 2.4ghz or was it the old a.m. radio. . .i'm thinking they are non digital servos and they aren't playing nice with the new technology

What was your old stuff? Do you have stock servos?

Servos

your absolutely right. the old transmitter was am. that is I why I replaced them. can you give me some ideas on what servos to replace the old ones with. I have looked online at the different servos. It I quite confusing for this NOOB rc guy. I bought the savage on ebay. I have been told its one of the first savage 4.6 models.

Last edited:
A really good steering servo is a Hobbico cs-170. A lot of savage guys are using them, they are great. For throttle I'm just using my stock hpi sf-10.

Back