savage reverse problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rentaghost

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I'm new to this never had to use a forum before,hope someone can help me out?I've bought a savage x 4.6 with reverse,problem is SF-1 servo working fine moves anticlockwise and clockwise no problem but the shift rods not engaging when i want to go forwards,backwards is fine,its the little silver bit that goes in and out on the module.Please Please Help looked everywhere for answers on net can't find anything on this problem

If the silver tab on the transmission is going full in and out but you still get nothing.....hate to say this but most likely the module is blown. It is the weakest link in the whole drive line...I have proven that a couple times ;-)

Thanks for replying frickenjoey,when i move it manually it locks into gear,but when i switch on electrics it will go in reverse but not forward,i know it sounds like an adjustment but I've set it to the book,any tips anyone?:\ (wish i had bought roto start instead of reverse)

Ok that sounds more like you are not getting full engagement then. It works manually just not with the servo. THat should be easy..... pull off the servo arm and reset it so you get more travel in the direction needed. Try that.

Got it going! Yippeeeee

Thanks for your advice,been messing around with the shift rod (the bit with 2 brass colllars and bits of fuel tubing)and manually putting it into gear by moving servo,reset shift rod and now it works but on transmitter foward is reverse and reverse is fowards,must be something i done because the switch for forward and reverse was right when i first ran it in?

You have a servo reversing switch on your radio. If you are using a computer radio, reversing the servo is in your menu.

so what settings should the tranmitter be on,i have the reverse transmitter,the one with F and R on the handle.When its on R it goes forward and on F its goes backwards any ideas?must be something silly I'm doing wrong