Savage reverse module

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max1dude

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there , I'm having a problem with my Savage, took itb out after a year and a half of standing , started first time......i was impressed..... went to local park to go play , was running beautifully , hit a piece of concrete and after that ran ok for a while , but then it got stuck in a ditch and would not go forward or backwards........ engine just revs but truck goes no where. any help please as to a probable cause...

Thanx

stripped spur gear is my first guess....check it.

It can be one of about 4 things. As stated above it could be your spur gear so check that. Next would be your clutch shoes. If your spur gear was spinning while the engine was revving you might be able to could them out. Next is going to be inside the transmission. There is a one way bearing in the big gear set in the transmission...those have been know to go bad on the Savages every once in a while...if it's good that leaves you with the reverse module is toast. I have killed three before I just gave up on reverse. Now you can check if it is internal with out breaking the case open.....spin the spur gear I think counter clockwise and see if you get any output to the shafts going out. Pull the tab on the reverse and try it again....if still nothing it is time to pull your transmission.....

Hi there , thanx , but it wont be the spur gear as i have eventually upgraded to the metal spur gears....... i suspect it is thr reverse module......... slector arm moves in and out , but nothing is engaging....

I toasted three of them I know they are a huge weak link in the tranny. I gave up on them years ago. I hope you still have the parts left to put it back forward only.

Back