Savage Octane Battery Mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOoSmOotH

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So after the first time I took my batteries out of my Octane I knew I had to change the setup. Trying to get everything crammed in there was a huge pain in the ass. I took matters into my own hands and did this easy modification.

What you need:

Step 1 fold the server extension cable in half and cut it. Save the male end because you can make an extra long charge cable out of it.

pMZ1gUc.jpg

Trim off the extra wire since this is just for the battery.

pXc0kRO.jpg

Cut one of the battery wires. Just do one so you don't shock yourself.

8cfRNUj.jpg

Join both the new female and existing female together with the battery wire and solder them. Don't just tape them because you might end up with a runaway truck:

Fy7xKlO.jpg

Shrinky dinky doo:

uZZ87DF.jpg

Do the other wire:

yd1dtWv.jpg

Now shrink them together:

hsdmqIB.jpg

Do the other battery and stuff all that crap back in the battery/innards box. I used a zip tie to keep them together as well as not let them slide out any further from the box. Don't want it rubbing on anything.

XQnIoK2.jpg

Charge:

xPNtKtb.jpg

I am using the new extension wires as the ones to charge from. This is an easy mod and takes about 20 minutes. No more fighting wires in the truck.

Smooth out

Great idea mate , I'll have to use that when I finally get this truck.
This does add to a list of silly little things that add up to a pain in the ass .This will be my first hpi vehicle , I didn't want my opinion of them being based on what my mates have had and used hence why I chose the octane but I really think that hpi needs to lift their ideas and make something good great.

Not sure what their engineers were thinking... When it takes 10 minutes to get the batteries back in the truck it might be a flawed design......

I've done that to everything I have, even the helis. I can't believe what some models require you to do just to charge the batts.
Here's the plug for the Savage:
S105a.jpg

@Rolex that savage is way too clean , please show her some dirt....

Yea I have to agree that is so clean it's pretty! Getter dirty!

She's a beauty. I had to put on sunglasses just to view the image.

Back